Victory 09/04/05 ?????'s

Tim Johnson 33

I'm a little late, but was on The Victory for the 9/4/05 sailing to Eastern Caribbean. Cabin 7416 was awesome. It's one with the exteneded balcony. The ship was beautiful. The staff was great. Ports were wonderful. I have lots of usefull information about getting around in St. Maarteen. Scottie, in the piano bar, was a little run down. A wonderful time was had by all.

But, will never go back on Victory. WAY too many guests on board. I've been on 6 cruises in the last 2 years. 3 CC, and 3 RC. All were great, but I saw some things on the Victory which really got me upset. The lines were long to say the least. I have videa of alot of them. The "Galla Buffet" was horrible, I actually have video of "hairs" in the food, during picture time. The Chinese food, was only open one time. I have alot of good and bad things to say about this ship. If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

Tim

My DH and I were also on this sailing of the Victory. This was my 5th cruise (3 on CC and 2 on RC) and my DH's 7th (4 CC and 3 RC).

We loved our cabin (8339) and hated it. It was a balcony and we loved that along with all the storage. The pillows and comforters were awesome! The location of the cabin was the part we hated. We were right under the lido deck and so we heard the scrapping of people's chairs from morning and then into the wee hours of the night. Lesson learned we will never get an outside cabin on Deck 8 again. Also, our neighbors were the worst. They had absolutely no consideration for all of the other people around them. Their children were up every morning around 7:00-7:30 slamming doors and treating the hallway like their own personal playground.

The ship was very crowded. There was always a line for the buffett no matter what time you went. There were also lines for the burgers as well as the pizza. Then again you have to expect that you are on a ship with at least 2500 people if not more.

The food in the dining room was okay. One night I ordered the bow tie pasta w/ chicken and asparagus. It was rubber! It was so undercooked that it was funny. I remember the food being much better. However, one night we decided to skip the dining room and go to the buffet and it was really good. Our waitstaff was good. We had Juan and Jose. They were always friendly and made sure we had what we needed.

We also went to the piano bar and Scottee was nice, but couldn't really sing very well. He played beautifully as he was classically (sp) trained and also his "adult" songs were pretty good. We also went to see Zoom! and it was a good show.

All in all we had a good time, but I have to agree with the OP we won't ever go back on this ship. We nicknamed it the "rude" cruise as we did encounter alot of rude people and this was a first for us. I'm not sure if it was because of the time of year it was and the cheaper price, but my mouth dropped as I heard a fellow passenger tell another one that she was having a private conversation (at the bar) and it was non of his F'ing business after he asked her a question and he was just being nice.

OP, I would love for you to spill the beans too. We are going to be on this ship at the end of Feb. My best friend is going with us and this is her first time on Carnival. She is a die hard Royal Caribbean fan. I just want to know what to warn her about before she gripes the whole cruise.

When I was on the Victory last week, the only rude person I encountered was the girl who led fun ship Freddy around the dining room. These two little kids wanted their picture taken with Freddy and the girl told the kids to go away. The mother really chewed her out and Freddy came back to their table.

We were on the Triumph 2 years ago and had a great time. The staff was very friendly (we had one of the staff that offered to take a group of us to a beach in St. Maarten we had an absolute great time with him and our fellow passengers) as were the passengers. I liked the Triumph better than the Victory. They had a cigar bar( I don't care for cigar's) but it was a nice place to go and get a cocktail before dinner and relax with the great music.

Archived