Island Princess -- When are the formal nights?

saxygirl

Sorry can't be exact but I would guess the first formal would be 2nd night. When we did a 7 day I think they were nights 2 and 6, but don't quote me. You will have a great time - my favorite ship, so far.

Joanne

05/12/04 Island Princess

03/25/04 Island Princess

08/15/03 Majesty of the Sea (b to b)

03/26/03 Sun Princess

12/15/02 Grand Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by saxygirl:

I'm cruising Island Princess Alaska in June. I know there are 2 formal nights. Can anyone tell me which nights they are on this ship?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As always, it depends on the itinerary, not which particular ship you're on. And the last I knew, it's not the same northbound and southbound.

Northbound, it will be traditional 2nd and 6th (next to last) nights. 2nd day is at sea and 6th day is Glacier Bay but leaving the bay mid-afternoon with the ship out to sea by dinner time.

Southbound, I believe it will be the 2nd and 5th nights. Day 2 is a sea day (after College Fjord in the morning). But Day 6 is Ketchikan with the ship staying there until 5:45pm. From what I've observed, Princess does not normally have a formal night on an evening when the ship is in port beyond 5pm or so (to give early seating diners time to get ready I assume) so most likely, it will be the night before when it's only scheduled to be in Juneau until 4pm.

-- Larry

Seaward 12/90

Southward 12/92

Sky Princess 5/93

Dawn Princess 6/01

Coral Princess 12/24/02 Cancelled

Coral Princess 12/23/03

Archived