M Class 8052/8054 Obstructions?

bottomfeeder

Hi,

I am looking for the answer to a mystery! There is a page on the Celebrity website (http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-constellation#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-constellation/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-cs-cc) that includes the following sentence:

Staterooms 8047, 8048, 8049, 8050, 8051, 8052, 8053, 8054, 9040, 9042, 9044, 9045, 9046, 9047 and 9049 have partially obstructed views.

Yet everywhere else I look the only info I have (and I'm concentrating on Deck 8 starboard as that's where I was booked) I cannot find any info on what the partial obstruction on 8052 and 8054 might be.

I do see the info that there is window-washing equipment parked between 8048 and 8050, which explains the partial obstructions there, but I find nothing about 8052 or 8054. I looked in the M Class cabins thread to no avail. My TA told me that I didn't want 8050 but her info indicated that 8052 and 8054 were fine.

Has anyone been in either 8052 or 8054 on M Class and can tell me what the obstruction is? Or, knowing Celebrity's fine track record with their website, is the info on that page inaccurate and in fact there is no obstruction?

Thanks! (I've actually upgraded to Aqua class now but am still curious about this, and figured it may help others.)

The window washing equipment blocks a bit of views from all of those cabins. In very rough weather it is tied down in a different position. We found the views from all of them just fine. but are not picky.

Edited by az_tchr

Hi,

I am looking for the answer to a mystery! There is a page on the Celebrity website (http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-constellation#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-constellation/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-cs-cc) that includes the following sentence:

Staterooms 8047, 8048, 8049, 8050, 8051, 8052, 8053, 8054, 9040, 9042, 9044, 9045, 9046, 9047 and 9049 have partially obstructed views.

Yet everywhere else I look the only info I have (and I'm concentrating on Deck 8 starboard as that's where I was booked) I cannot find any info on what the partial obstruction on 8052 and 8054 might be.

I do see the info that there is window-washing equipment parked between 8048 and 8050, which explains the partial obstructions there, but I find nothing about 8052 or 8054. I looked in the M Class cabins thread to no avail. My TA told me that I didn't want 8050 but her info indicated that 8052 and 8054 were fine.

Has anyone been in either 8052 or 8054 on M Class and can tell me what the obstruction is? Or, knowing Celebrity's fine track record with their website, is the info on that page inaccurate and in fact there is no obstruction?

Thanks! (I've actually upgraded to Aqua class now but am still curious about this, and figured it may help others.)

I moved from 8054 further aft and was glad I did. The view forward from 8052/8054 would definitely be at least partially obstructed.

I moved from 8054 further aft and was glad I did. The view forward from 8052/8054 would definitely be at least partially obstructed.

I was wrong in my previous comment. Too many cabins, too many cabin numbers that I have looked at, booked, planned, changed, booked...

We were in 8054 on the Infinity a year ago. It was fine. I could see the window washer docked outside of 8046, but it was at most mildly annoying for us in 8054. I wouldn't hesitate to book that cabin again.