Escape - Bringing water on board

USFSU11

My husband and I are boarding this Saturday...we packed a little suit case of water and Gatorade/Powerade. Is this ok?? My husband thinks they're going to dump all this out to check the deals on each bottle. If this is ok is it best to check it in so we don't have to drag this suit case around with us in case our room isn't ready? I had to take the water bottles out of the case because it wouldn't fit in the suit case so it's 22 individual .5 liter water bottles, and 6 Gaterade/Powerade.

I'm sure someone more experienced than I will get back to you, but what I've read on these boards indicates that your best bet is to buy a case (all sealed up in the shrink wrap), slap a luggage tag on it, and have it loaded with your other luggage.

Happy Cruising, fellow Tampa resident!

Take as much water and Gatorade as you want. Don't put it in checked luggage.

Just a note, the ship's water is fine. Many take a refillable bottle and fill it up in the buffet.

Why should we not check it? Is it likely to be confiscated? I was thinking of doing what the OP has done for my cruise on the Sun in May - just putting a case of water into a duffel bag and checking it so I don't have to lug it around. Then I'd have the "spare bag" to bring back souvenirs.

Why should we not check it? Is it likely to be confiscated? I was thinking of doing what the OP has done for my cruise on the Sun in May - just putting a case of water into a duffel bag and checking it so I don't have to lug it around. Then I'd have the "spare bag" to bring back souvenirs.

That's the plan here... it's just too small of a suit case to fit the entire case + the Gatorade.

I'm sure someone more experienced than I will get back to you, but what I've read on these boards indicates that your best bet is to buy a case (all sealed up in the shrink wrap), slap a luggage tag on it, and have it loaded with your other luggage.

Happy Cruising, fellow Tampa resident!

Just off the Escape. We did just this with no problem. Case of water arrived in our room

I think what they're getting at is you don't even need to put it in a bag, just take the case of water as is, with a luggage tag attached directly to the shrink wrap.

Which, if so, is good: One of my "pre-cruise checklist" items was to buy a cheap duffle bag to hold a case of water. It sounds like I can skip this.

My husband and I always take a case of water with us. We put a piece of cardboard on the bottom for reinforcement and use clear packing tape to tape around it. My son makes a handle out of duct tape so it is easier to put in and out of trunk. Then we tape a couple of luggage tags to it, check it with our luggage and have had no problems

Should not be a problem. I always bring on Coke products, and a few bottles of water. Never had a problem myself.

I have even put a room tag on a case, and it was delivered to my room.

Can you bring on other beverages other then water? I know no alcohol but pop or lemonade?

Greg

Im new to NCL and had the same question, but if they can bring on coke and gatoraide, your soda will be fine.

Can I bring my own water or soda onboard?

Guests are allowed to bring water and soda on board in their original sealed containers. There is no set limit to this amount. We strongly recommend that you carry on the beverages. No coolers of any kind are allowed onboard the ships.