Onboard Booking Question

Jaddy

I recently received an email promo from Celebrity saying that we could get OBC applicable to our upcoming cruise (Eclipse 2/21) and reduced deposits if we book a future cruise while aboard. Will this work for a Galapagos cruise? I read the fine print and it didn't exclude a Galapagos cruise (nor did it exclude T/A's) but I'm suspicious.

Also, if we book something and get an immediate OBC, what happens if we have to cancel the future cruise.

Thanks.

Hi-

You can have the "book onboard" obc applied to either your current cruise OR the new one you book. If you apply it to the current cruise, the deposit on the booking becomes non-refundable. If you apply it to the future cruise, the deposit on the booking is fully refundable.

I also happened to have a photo of the flyer from our Eclipse cruise - and it appears to have an asterisk with fine print. "Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, transpacific, repositioning, Asia and South America repositioning cruises"

I'll attach the photo of the flyer for you.

IMG_0423.jpg.b8f7b7c82d31f1003b2dd2e4a5f855a5.jpg

We book onboard often, and usually the Galapagos cruises are excluded from offers. But it might be worth going to talk to them anyway, especially early in the cruise when it's quiet. They might have something to offer that hasn't been advertised. This year in January we got a 2 perk deal onboard before it was offered elsewhere. I got the official email about 4 days later. Never hurts to ask.

We recently booked on-board for a 2017 sailing to Alaska and the deal is much better than NOT booking on-board. The credit was posted for the future cruise AND transferred to our agent who always provides additional OBC.

So to flip a phrase, we are OBC crazy at the moment but know that it will be used for tours and the like...

bon voyage