Rodeway inn fort lauderdale day room?

SMSACE6

Does anyone know if they are still doing the day room deal? Or do we need to book the full overnight price? It will be for post cruise, early April, flight leaves Fll at 8.40pm. thanks for any info or other suggestions. Add to say, this is for my parents who are in their 80's and not interested in day tours, they are coming off a Celebrity cruise, and just want a place to relax, watch tv, have a bite to eat etc, before heading to the airport around 6pm. thanks for any info or alternative suggestions.:)

The only one I found was Rodeway. Nothing else comes up in a google search. I guess one could call a few hotels and see. I reserved with Rodeway. I just needed a home base for luggage, etc. for the day. We plan to use the water taxi for the day. We couldn't use luggage valet since we leave on Southwest at 9:30 p.m. which is way past the cutoff time.

Just an FYI to anyone considering booking a day room here at the Rodeway Inn, these are available on a first come, first served basis. They dont take a booking. On the website, you can list your name, and date of arrival, but they do not take any form of payment, and you are not issued a confirmation number.

I have advised my mother to call the hotel first and ask if still available, before taking a taxi to the hotel. They are still planning to spend the day here though.

Just thought I would share this.

Edited by SMSACE6

I don't know why I got a reserved room with a confirmation number if this is the case. Maybe they were running low on day rooms. I hope my confirmation is honored. Did you call the hotel directly?

Edited by peymas

I don't know why I got a reserved room with a confirmation number if this is the case. Maybe they were running low on day rooms. I hope my confirmation is honored. Did you call the hotel directly?

I called directly, and the he quoted me a price of 59.99 plus tax, for 10am to 6pm, but was adamant about not booking said to just show up, "they always have rooms" he said.

so then I went online, and there was a place to leave your name and the date of arrival, plus an email address. I did receive an email back within minutes, but it did say that it was based on availability and that they can call for the hotel shuttle once off the ship. I was not asked for a credit card.

I am getting my Mom set up with a new cell phone next week, so she can call them and hopefully know that there will be a room available that morning.

Just an FYI ... Marina 84 Sports Bar and Grill at Rodeway Inn was cited once again for multiple sanitary and safety violations, and ordered shut twice this month. Ewww

Thanks for that info, I will give them fair warning! anything else near by that is decent for food? but clean? Thanks

Thanks for that info, I will give them fair warning! anything else near by that is decent for food? but clean? Thanks

Here are a few dining options within 5 minutes of the motel:

Lesters Diner is just down the street, offers breakfast all day, and lunch as well. It's a diner atmosphere, but it is clean and the food is always good.

Anthony's Runway 84 (Italian) is very good, but crowded, but not sure if they are open during the daytime. Pricey.

Tap 42 (Andrews Avenue) is a gastro pub and has great food. Not sure if your stay is on a Sunday, but they have an awesome brunch, although the wait can be quite long to get in.

Riverside Market (SE 6th Ave) is a local gem, featuring craft beer, sandwiches, salads, and pizza.

The only one I found was Rodeway. Nothing else comes up in a google search. I guess one could call a few hotels and see. I reserved with Rodeway. I just needed a home base for luggage, etc. for the day. We plan to use the water taxi for the day. We couldn't use luggage valet since we leave on Southwest at 9:30 p.m. which is way past the cutoff time.

What line were you cruising?

On the EZ Check luggage form on Princess it states your flight out must leave by Midnight on the day you disembark. I am hoping this is true because I plan to use it. If that falls through I guess I will need a place to store my luggage since we too plan to use the water taxi.

Sue

Here are a few dining options within 5 minutes of the motel:

Lesters Diner is just down the street, offers breakfast all day, and lunch as well. It's a diner atmosphere, but it is clean and the food is always good.

Anthony's Runway 84 (Italian) is very good, but crowded, but not sure if they are open during the daytime. Pricey.

Tap 42 (Andrews Avenue) is a gastro pub and has great food. Not sure if your stay is on a Sunday, but they have an awesome brunch, although the wait can be quite long to get in.

Riverside Market (SE 6th Ave) is a local gem, featuring craft beer, sandwiches, salads, and pizza.

Thanks for the information. We were just planning to have dinner at the hotel before we got the shuttle to the airport.

Is that walking 5 minutes??? We won't have a vehicle.

What line were you cruising?

On the EZ Check luggage form on Princess it states your flight out must leave by Midnight on the day you disembark. I am hoping this is true because I plan to use it. If that falls through I guess I will need a place to store my luggage since we too plan to use the water taxi.oSue

We were planning to use luggage valet from Royal IOS, but I read a discussion here on cruise critic that Southwest will only accept luggage if flight is by 6:00 p.m. We are not leaving until 9:30 p.m. So that is why I reserved the day room. I understand from the discussion that Southwest is the only one with the early cut off time.

We were planning to use luggage valet from Royal IOS, but I read a discussion here on cruise critic that Southwest will only accept luggage if flight is by 6:00 p.m. We are not leaving until 9:30 p.m. So that is why I reserved the day room. I understand from the discussion that Southwest is the only one with the early cut off time.

moved ... posted my reply to the wrong question.

Edited by brunello22
Posted reply to wrong question.

Thanks for the information. We were just planning to have dinner at the hotel before we got the shuttle to the airport.

Is that walking 5 minutes??? We won't have a vehicle.

I completely forgot that Rendezvous on Marina Bay Drive is actually the closest restaurant to Rodeway Inn. It is approximately a 5-minute taxi ride, and is tucked away in a marina (waterfront restaurant).

None of the restaurants I mentioned in my previous post are within walking distance; a taxi or rental car is needed.

Sorry for any misleading information.

Thanks! this is great information, and I will pass along to them.! They will be there on a Monday. These places sound good to me. I have heard of Lester's diner, always wanted to go there:)

I completely forgot that Rendezvous on Marina Bay Drive is actually the closest restaurant to Rodeway Inn. It is approximately a 5-minute taxi ride, and is tucked away in a marina (waterfront restaurant).

None of the restaurants I mentioned in my previous post are within walking distance; a taxi or rental car is needed.

Thanks for that info. I'm flying SW so I guess I'm out of luck.

Sue

I called directly, and the he quoted me a price of 59.99 plus tax, for 10am to 6pm, but was adamant about not booking said to just show up, "they always have rooms" he said.

so then I went online, and there was a place to leave your name and the date of arrival, plus an email address. I did receive an email back within minutes, but it did say that it was based on availability and that they can call for the hotel shuttle once off the ship. I was not asked for a credit card.

I am getting my Mom set up with a new cell phone next week, so she can call them and hopefully know that there will be a room available that morning.

Would you please tell me where on the website you left your name and arrival date? I didn't see it anywhere. Thanks so much!

Sue

I am not computer savvy, and do not know how to post a link, but this is what I did;

Go to the website for Rodeway inn cruise port and airport fort lauderdale, and you will see a dark strip with options for home, reservations, then day rooms.

Click on day rooms, and a new page comes up. You will see a blue area with book now. Click that and you get a new page with sections to put your name, date of arrival and email address.

Hope this helps.

:)

No problem, I figured it was 5 mins by car. I looked it all up on the map on tripadvisor. My parents would need a taxi anyway, as they are 82 and 86. Both can walk without canes and such, but more they are slow, so taxi is definitely needed for them. I will check out Rendevous restaurant. Thanks again for all the great info and tips.:)

I am not computer savvy, and do not know how to post a link, but this is what I did;

Go to the website for Rodeway inn cruise port and airport fort lauderdale, and you will see a dark strip with options for home, reservations, then day rooms.

Click on day rooms, and a new page comes up. You will see a blue area with book now. Click that and you get a new page with sections to put your name, date of arrival and email address.

Hope this helps.

:)

I have combed the website and just don't see day rooms.

Sue

I have combed the website and just don't see day rooms.

Sue

when you go on the hotel website, is there a dark/black bar with options, of home, reservations, day rooms, and several other options after that? you click on day rooms, then next page, click on book here.

Im sorry, I wish I knew how to link you to it. perhaps some other computer savvy person who reads here can. hope someone else can help better than me:o