Response to Letter Re: Pier Top Lounge at FFL Pier 66 closing to public

rkacruiser

I wrote to the CEO of The Blackstone Group(the owners of the hotel) and to the General Manager of Pier 66. I have a response from Boca Hospitality Collection's President, Mr. Jean-Jacques Pergant, which must be a subsidiary of The Blackstone Group. As I promised, what follows is most of Mr. Pergant's response to me.

"Mr. Steve Schwarzmann, from The Blackstone Group, forwarded the letter you wrote him regarding your concerns relative to our plans to open Hyatt Pier 66's renovated Pier Top Lounge as a special event venue. He asked me to respond to you on his behalf. We appreciate your taking the time to share your dissaftisfaction and are sorry to hear that our decision to reserve the lounge for private celebrations may cost us your valued business."

"Please understand that the team responsible for managing Hyatt Pier 66 did not take lightly the decision to transition the lounge from public access to private party use. In actuality, we believe the transition will help Fort Lauderdale fill a void of adequate special event space, and that the existing dining venues--with enchanced menus and service--will provide guests with experiences superior to that which has in the past been offered at the Pier Top Lounge."

"We appreciate your past loyalty to the Hyatt Pier 66, would sincerely regret your decision to stay elsewhere when you are in Fort Lauderdale, and hope you will give us the opportunity to change your mind once we have completed our enhancements to the resort."

"The Blackstone Group has built a successful company based on high-quality personal service to loyal customers such as you. We certainly do not want to lose your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your loyalty as a guest of what we are confident will be a much-enhanced Hyatt Pier 66."

"Kindest personal regards,

Jean-Jacques Pergant

President"

Thanks for sharing.

It's not a deal breaker for me. As a "local" I like to stay there from time to time as a quick getaway. While I'll miss the view, the grounds, pool, tiki bar, restaurants and intercoastal access suit me just fine. ;)

I don't know if it would be a deal breaker for me either. I stayed there and enjoyed the revolving lounge. Watched the sunset from there, but there are no other hotels offering a rooftop lounge either. The rest of the property was incredible so I think I would venture to stay there again. Especially if they upgrade the already beautiful pool area.

Archived