Is business class worth it and how early to do you book

New2cruise1483

I haven't flown that route to South Africa; I usually visit SA as part of round-the-world itineraries, but that's a whole 'nother subject. ;)

I looked at Vancouver-Africa ticket prices for travel in August of this year. I don't know how long those fares will last (nobody does) so if you have plans in hand and can commit, I'd probably book sooner rather than later.

Thank you so much gardyloo. We donot have definite dates yet but will check flying out of Vancouver when we are ready.

I did compare leaving Seattle and Vancouver for same dates and the price difference is about $2000 pp! Do you think it is because of the exchange rate?

But definitely worth it to go to Vancouver and spend a night for $4000 savings.

Thanks,

Maria

• 1 month later...
I hope you have an awesome flight and thanks for flying Singapore Airlines!

You can eat? Tell you a trick - after you finish your main course, ask the stewardess very nicely (smile) and say that you are really so hungry and you could do with another main and you really wanted to try something on the main menu (i.e. non book the cook, they typically have 3 choices).

If they have extra, they might be able to offer you another main. I heard that they do load additional main courses (sometimes). And also, I have observed on my business travel that a fair number of pax do not eat (assuming it is a red-eye). I have flown a couple of times out of Singapore (red-eye flights) and once in the air, the passenger goes to sleep and puts the do-not-disturb sign on.

A couple of times I couldn't finish my main meal and the very nice stewardess was most kind to ask if I wanted to try something else and whether the food was ok. My response was it was ok, I was just too stuffed!

As for drinks - it is pretty much free-flow. Just keep asking. But please don't get yourself (too) drunk. The stewardesses are lovely to look but don't even think about it..... :p (I have a good number of cabin crew friends)

So, yeah, just a thought for you - live it up!

This was meal service on a flight I enjoyed - Moscow to Singapore.

[YOUTUBE]-tDyw918fkY[/YOUTUBE]

Love reading and seeing the videos...I will be taking my first Singapore Airlines Business Class flight in July ( Barcelona to Guarulhos). Your description made me excited!