Weight Watchers Smart Points & Celebrity

SUZYHOFF

Anyone out there cruised Celebrity lately? We leave on the Eclipse in a couple weeks and am beginning to stew about regaining my hard earned, yet slight, loss. If anyone has any tips for staying close to plan, please share. I am not trying to "stick" to the program, just be aware and choose my food carefully. Also, any plain Greek yogurt available? Thoughts? Advice? Thanks, Sue

I haven't cruised Celebrity but I have just recently started weight watchers and will be cruising in a little less than two weeks with carnival. I've looked at some of their menus online and calculated the points of some of the dishes ahead of time. Also know that there will be plenty of salad, fruit and vegetable options. I've also noted the point values of some drinks I plan to try. I won't stick to the plan perfectly either but want to make educated choices. Good luck and have fun!! You can work it off when you get back .

• 1 month later...

I'm on WW and just got off the Norwegian Escape on Saturday. Tonight was my weigh-in and I'm DOWN 1.6!!!!

My tips:

1. Avoid the buffet for the most part. We only ate at the buffet for two breakfasts, and I picked smart but still indulged in a serving of yummy French toast (with berries and whipped cream instead of syrup).

We mostly ate ate the MDRs where the food was decadent, but portion controlled.

2: Avoid the elevators! Take the stairs! We were on the 14th deck and most of the bars/restaurants/public areas were on 6/7/8. I'd have to take my time going back up, and if I was winded I'd walk the length of that deck to the other bank of stairs for a chance to catch my breath before continuing the ascent (and it banked more steps on the FitBit too!)

3. Walk as much as you can, both on ship and off.

4. Stay away from super sweet cocktails. I mostly stuck with wine or Gin Gimlets to keep the calories down. Oh, and sometimes I'd have another glass of wine after dinner INSTEAD of desert.

5. Eat when you are hungry rather than by the clock. If noon-ish rolls around and you realize you're not all that hungry for lunch yet, don't worry about it. You can always grab an apple or some fruit salad at the buffet to hold you over till dinner if you get that hanger pang later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CdnArtyWife

• 1 month later...

We breakfast on our balcony. Fruit, yogurt , coffee and that's it. That's more than enough to keep us going until a hearty salad at lunch. We tend to let loose at dinner. If you can keep the calories down the first half of the day you'll be ready for a fun night with a little less guilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app