Connection time in Seattle

shutterbug63

Question for anyone who is familiar with the Seattle airport. The last leg of our flight to Alaska is through Seattle on Delta and we have a 44 minute layover. Will that be enough time or am I cutting it close?

Trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and put us on a different airline with better flight times.

Any information is appreciated.

Hard to say, is your incoming flight also with Delta, and where from?

If it is, and if it's from a domestic airport, then it's a "legal" connection according to Delta's published minimum connection times. In practice, most of Delta's flights arrive and depart from the south satellite ("S" gates) at Seatac, which means you walk a few yards from one gate to the other. Some of Delta's flights depart/arrive at gates in the main terminal, which will involve a ride on an automated train; the whole process takes less than 20 min. You'll still probably be fine, but it might be a little more stressful than if both planes use the south satellite.

Question for anyone who is familiar with the Seattle airport. The last leg of our flight to Alaska is through Seattle on Delta and we have a 44 minute layover. Will that be enough time or am I cutting it close?

Trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and put us on a different airline with better flight times.

Any information is appreciated.

If you've booked the entire trip through one airline, then by offering the flights they are saying it's a "legal" connection time. if you've booked each flight individually through different airlines, then it's up to you to make sure you can do the connection, but 44 minutes is very reasonable for any gate to gate at Seattle.

Hard to say, is your incoming flight also with Delta, and where from?

If it is, and if it's from a domestic airport, then it's a "legal" connection according to Delta's published minimum connection times. In practice, most of Delta's flights arrive and depart from the south satellite ("S" gates) at Seatac, which means you walk a few yards from one gate to the other. Some of Delta's flights depart/arrive at gates in the main terminal, which will involve a ride on an automated train; the whole process takes less than 20 min. You'll still probably be fine, but it might be a little more stressful than if both planes use the south satellite.

It's domestic and on Delta from St. Louis to Minneapolis, then to Seattle, then Anchorage. All one ticket. I hope we're all in the South satellite.

Thanks for the info!

If you've booked the entire trip through one airline, then by offering the flights they are saying it's a "legal" connection time. if you've booked each flight individually through different airlines, then it's up to you to make sure you can do the connection, but 44 minutes is very reasonable for any gate to gate at Seattle.

Yes, one airline. Thanks...I don't feel quite so panicked now.