Return to the MSC Fantasia: A 12-day winter cruise diary!

Bra_BE2014

Really appreciate all the time and effort you spent putting this together. Photos were fabulous and your stories and observations were fun to read. Your ship tips will be very helpful as we navigate our way around. Thank you very much!!

I'm so happy you enjoyed it, thank you! I love reading reviews and now I love writing them :) Have a lovely time at your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey, how was the cruise?! Hoping one of you will write a review :)

We enjoyed the cruise. Still mulling over the experience and what to post about it. Really enjoyed meeting, hanging out and sharing an excursion with CCers Julie and Robin and their families. Liked having multi-lingual conversations with fellow passengers who were willing to struggle through alot of pantomiming. Had a great time with our dinner companions. Loved the ports.

Disappointed with the food - I thought other reviewers may have been exaggerating their complaints but now I know what they mean by "flavorless." Suggestion: Enjoy the fresh fruit and vegetables, pasta and pizza, chicken and pork. The beef dishes were subpar and the fish often inedible. Take small samples of lots of things at the buffet then return for your favorites. Buy the water package when you board. Then you can enjoy water with dinner without resenting paying for it every night.

Hey, how was the cruise?! Hoping one of you will write a review :)

Hi! All in all I thought it was a good cruise. Like Carol I'm forming my review and will post when it's done!

I do want to second the food. There were moments where I was like Yum! Now this is good, however, most of the time it lacked flavor. I was very disappointed in the TexMex as well. Not TexMex by any standard.

I thought the service was excellent and had no trouble getting drinks. Everyone was happy and helpful. I was surprised at this because this is one of the things written about often. Poor service. I thought the service was on par and at times better than my experience with Celebrity.

More to come later!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...