Discounts

Leebo

Hi there,

Some of my family and I are looking to do a group cruise in February 2007 and I had some questions for some of the people I'm bringing along.

1. Are there senior discounts, and if so what kind are they?

2. Are there discounts for children, and what about children less then 1 year old?

3. How many people do you need in a group cruise before they'll give you any type of discount?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

1. There are senior discounts. If anyone is military (active, retired, vet) there are other discounts that may be available. These types of discounts are not available on group bookings.

2. Rates are the same regardless of age (even less then 1 years old) - some lines may offer discounts - Carnival is not one of them. What does make a difference is how many is in a cabin. There is a first and second rate and then a lower third and forth rate for people in the same cabin.

3. You need 16 people paying 1st and 2nd rate (full fare) or 8 cabins with at least 2 in each. In other words the 3rd and 4th persons in the cabin do not count as part of the 16. For 16 FULL FARE you get one of cruise portion free - you still have to pay taxes and fees.

I find that even with a group of 16 you can sometimes do better just booking people with their discounts. Plus - once you are locked into a group rate you can not take advange of price decreases (in most cases).

Everything I have told you is what I have been told/experienced - there will be exceptions (some will say they got the price decrease) - but these exceptions are rare.

Archived