Camp Carnival Phone?

hlauburn

Sailing on the Breeze in a few weeks.

I read that Camp Carnival will give you a phone so they can contact you while your kid is at camp, is that correct?

Just ask for it on the first day and we keep it for the length of the cruise?

Is it just for emergencies or will they call if the child says they're ready to be picked up?

The website says the phones are handed out "on a case by case basis"....what exactly does that mean and do they ever run out of phones to hand out?

Thanks!!

We received one on the Dream. I believe it is for the parents of little kids only (up to 5 years old), but I could be wrong. We got it the first night at the welcome event. They said when the battery got low, bring it back and they would put a new battery in it. I don't recall if it was meant for emergencies or when kids wanted to be picked up. They told you when you get get it, but I just can't recall. I do remember I was anticipating a call that my kid was unhappy. When I would check on him to see if he was ready...he'd tell me to come back later.

Both answers are basically correct.

They are for the youngest children, non potty trained, 2 year olds first the up.

As well as special needs children.

We got one for our two year old but did not get one when she was 3.

Never have been offered one since.

She has cruised a bunch and is 6 now.

We started cruising when the kids were 3 & 5 years old and we were never offered one. However, we always cruise at high peak times with a lot of children on board (Thanksgiving and Spring Break) so maybe they were saving them for special needs and parents that requested them. Our kids are generally pretty easy going and do not have separation issues or any kind of health issues.

We have called up to the Camp several times when they were younger to check on them, stop by and peek in the window to check on them, and one of us would often pop back into our room to make sure the "red light" wasn't on the phone (meaning there was a message waiting from the camp).

So CC basically has no way of getting in touch with you in the child is ready to leave or if there's a problem? I loved having the phone on Disney...when the kids were done, they would tell the counselors and they'd send a message to be picked up.

We got one last week on the Miracle. We had our 2 and 5 year old. It looks like they handed them out to all the families in the 2-5 yr old group. Not sure about the older groups. They called us twice when our 5 year old said she was hungry and ready to go. We would pick up the little one and leave the older once because she didn't want to leave. We told the staff to call us if she was ready before we got back and they did. It worked out great.

So CC basically has no way of getting in touch with you in the child is ready to leave or if there's a problem? I loved having the phone on Disney...when the kids were done, they would tell the counselors and they'd send a message to be picked up.

This is wrong. If they do need to get in touch with you, they will page overhead for you to contact guest services. They will do this only for emergency needs...if your child is sick/hurt or you've forgotten to pick them up and they're closing.

The phone is for 2-5 year old class. If you think your child will be fussy or unhappy and you really need one, get there early the first day. They can run out of them if there are a lot of kids on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have always gotten them with our DD, who is now 5. She has 7 cruises under her belt, on 6 different ships, and they have always given us a phone. All of her cruises have been in February or September, though, so those may have been off-peak times (although we have school breaks then, and there have always been plenty of kids on board).

For my older kids, before they were old enough to sign themselves in/out (and even since then), we look at the activities schedule in advance, and work out what time they want one of us to swing by and "check in". We stop by...see if they want to stay or go...and then if they stay, we work out the next "check in" time.

Edited by Domergirl