Stingray City Only

SnorkelChick

Have done Stingray City several times with included snorkeling stops. Will have 7 yr old granddaughter with, so we'd like to only do Stingray City. Afterward, my DH and I plan to snorkel at Eden Rock while DS & DGD eat lunch. What are our options? Saw some posts that you can get Stingray City only tours when getting off the tenders at the port. Will we have any issues doing this option? Are there any other options that would allow our family to snorkel off the shore and get lunch? Ship doesn't get into port until 10:00, so unless tour operators change their schedules for that day, it seems to exclude some of them.

Have done Stingray City several times with included snorkeling stops. Will have 7 yr old granddaughter with, so we'd like to only do Stingray City. Afterward, my DH and I plan to snorkel at Eden Rock while DS & DGD eat lunch. What are our options? Saw some posts that you can get Stingray City only tours when getting off the tenders at the port. Will we have any issues doing this option? Are there any other options that would allow our family to snorkel off the shore and get lunch? Ship doesn't get into port until 10:00, so unless tour operators change their schedules for that day, it seems to exclude some of them.

I like to reserve my tour, i am sure that there are operators that service your timing. I didnt notice any snorkeling right off shore.

I wanted to pre-book with a certain company for our cruise in 3 weeks but they are booked. I was told by a few people here that there will be people at the dock where you can book it. I sure hope they are right bed because this is the one excursion that our girls want to do.

I always reserve our shore excursions prior to our cruise, so that's why I'm concerned about waiting until we get to the port.

The vendors are very attuned to having tours avalable.

Two years ago my wife scoured the internet and reserved a tour from what was supposed to be a reputable vendor.

We got off the ship in good time and then could not find him onshore. We asked around and from some offhand comments from other vendors, came to know that he didn't have the funds to fuel up his boat. (ugh)

BUT, the other vendors quickly came to our aid and we had no trouble booking the same trip from a different provider. In fact, I think it was Capt Marvin....(it is my understanding that the real Capt Marvin is well up in years and not connected with his business much. It is a going concern with the current management that still uses his name)

As a consequence of the above, I would never hesitate to go ashore on GC before I booked a trip to Stingray City.