Declare/storing prohibited items (FLL)

Gig103

Hi all,

I'm traveling into Florida by way of Orlando and out of FLL after a cruise. Some may laugh but I want to stock up Wawa branded items because there are none out west - but there are also none in FLL/MIA so I'd have to do my shopping in Orlando.

In Alaska, I saw folks with Ulu knives declare them at boarding and the ship tagged it to return it at disembarkation. How do I do the same thing at the Port Everglades so my non-perishable items are not destroyed?

Hi all,

I'm traveling into Florida by way of Orlando and out of FLL after a cruise. Some may laugh but I want to stock up Wawa branded items because there are none out west - but there are also none in FLL/MIA so I'd have to do my shopping in Orlando.

In Alaska, I saw folks with Ulu knives declare them at boarding and the ship tagged it to return it at disembarkation. How do I do the same thing at the Port Everglades so my non-perishable items are not destroyed?

Why don't you ship your Wawa items home after purchase, as a fan of Wawa I can understand you wanting to take some home.

Why don't you ship your Wawa items home after purchase, as a fan of Wawa I can understand you wanting to take some home.

If I can't declare it to ship security that's what I'll do. But I get two checked bags, so I'd rather bring it home than pay for shipping.

Changing the flight to MCO won't work, clarea.

I'm unfamiliar with wawa, but unless you are buying alcohol or knives... it seems that you are not going to have any problems bringing non-perishable food items onboard. So nothing to declare. Either place them in your carry-on or regular luggage and there should be no problem.

We have carried all sorts of both perishable and non-perishable food onto a ship and unless there is some new policy I'm not aware of, there is no prohibition on this.

Am I missing something?

Iced tea is one example. And would coffee be allowed? It's a drink, which I thought were prohibited?

The only drinks they hold the line on are of the alcoholic persuasion. Coffee, I'm assuming you mean either whole beans or ground coffee. You wouldn't be bringing brewed coffee and even IF you were, they wouldn't do anything about it. ;)

Iced tea is one example. And would coffee be allowed? It's a drink, which I thought were prohibited?

All beverages are prohibited, except for the two 750ml bottles of wine. However, if your coffee is in bean or ground form, they would not care.

All beverages are prohibited, except for the two 750ml bottles of wine. However, if your coffee is in bean or ground form, they would not care.

Which brings me back to my OP - if a prohibited item is brought and declared will they put it in the "naughty room"? If so how to I make it known that I'm not trying to circumvent policies.

Which brings me back to my OP - if a prohibited item is brought and declared will they put it in the "naughty room"? If so how to I make it known that I'm not trying to circumvent policies.

I don't think they'd return bottles of iced tea...but maybe. Sorry, that's not helpful.

Here's some help; don't try to smuggle Wawa soft pretzels onboard. If I'm on that cruise you won't be getting them back...