Thermal Suite Pass - Norwegian Star. Is it worth it?

top_frog

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the thermal suite on the Pearl and it was the first thing I signed up for on the Epic (I go next month). I think it's one of those things that you just know about yourself- some folks are going to drink like fish and would buy the UBP if it weren't free. Others can't stand a buffet or traditional dining so do specialty meals every night. Others wouldn't miss a piece of entertainment. For me, it's the peace and relaxation of a sauna, steam room, bubble pool and heated chair. Then crawl into one of those bathrobes on a lounger with a Kindle and watch the sea go by. That's my cruise.

Both ships have offered it at right at $20 a day.

Our favourite thing has been to get back from port and go to the spa, the new heated beds on the star are amazing, worth the pass price alone. There have never been more than 10 people in the spa and the relaxation rooms have been empty, a wonderful escape from noise and crowds of people.

I love the thermals on the newer larger ships such as the Escape, Breakaway, Getaway and Bliss. I do not like those on the smaller ships like the Jewell and the Gem where the Steam room and Sauna are not co-ed (so I can't enjoy with my wife) and where the "pool" areas are only "maybe" 12 feet square or so with only a ladder to climb down rather than steps. I'm not sure how it is configured on the Star, but it looks like thermal areas might be segregated like on the small ships. I prefer segregated dressing rooms of course, but not spa features.