Quantum class ship to cruise Alaska itinerary

My mom was recently on a cruise and hear that one of the quantum class ships will be running an Alaska itinerary. Is this true? I though they might have been too big for the narrow more shallow channels.

No, not true.

Explorer is beginning the Alaska route later this year. She will be the largest ship to do that itinerary.

I do remember back before the Quantum came out when they were releasing the information on the ship and they were promoting it as an "indoor ship for cold weather climates" and the talk on the ships from (at the time) Loyalty was that Alaska would be one of the routes for the Quantum class..

Again, that was many years ago when the Quantum class details were just starting to be released, and that is the last I have heard of that plan.

I am still surprised they are putting a Voyager Class ship in Alaska...complete with a FlowRider. They are great ships, but considering there is no indoor solarium, it is very much an outdoor ship!