Proud of the Pride

Thanks for the review. We'll be back on the Pride next February!

OP, thanks for the review. I am actually in Baltimore waiting to board the Pride tomorrow for a 14 day Journey cruise! Hey Jamman, this is the lst I have heard of your plans! CONGRATS!!! How do you do that? Sail from Tampa, then "land" in Baltimore? How do you get back to NJ???? :confused: This time tomorrow I will be recovering from my lst ever dinner at David's steak house! Life is good! ;)

• 7 months later...

Thanks for your review, hubby are booked on our first Pride cruise next October and have the same cabin, 4211. Do you have any other pics of the cabin you can share? We will be driving down from SW Ontario, Canada and will be looking for a reasonable hotel near the port but then want to park at the pier, any suggestions? I have been drawn to this ship and I have no idea why so I guess I will find out next year.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

" How do you do that? Sail from Tampa, then "land" in Baltimore? How do you get back to NJ???? "

I've never done this, but my guess is park @ the cruise terminal, take a cab to BWI airport, fly to Tampa, and your car is at Balt port to greet you. I'm sure you could also park @ the airport or a hotel, but I think I would like being able to get in the car & hit the highway sooner after the trip.

" How do you do that? Sail from Tampa, then "land" in Baltimore? How do you get back to NJ???? "

I've never done this, but my guess is park @ the cruise terminal, take a cab to BWI airport, fly to Tampa, and your car is at Balt port to greet you. I'm sure you could also park @ the airport or a hotel, but I think I would like being able to get in the car & hit the highway sooner after the trip.

This is one of the MAIN reasons we did not consider this cruise. If it was a Baltimore RT or even Tampa RT, we would have jumped on deck in a minute! ;) We always stay the day before when cruising out of Baltimore, even tho it is only a 4 hour drive from our home. Especially in February. It's just too many "steps" to take. IDK why CCL decided to offer something like this. Otherwise it is a dream cruise!

Your guess is pretty good! Four days prior to the cruise we are driving down to Baltimore and staying one night at the Best Western in Elkridge. This gives us free parking for the duration of the cruise. The next morning the hotel shuttle takes us to the airport and we are flying down to Tampa and staying at the Bay Harbor Hotel for three nights. After the cruise arrives back in Baltimore the Best Western Hotel shuttle will take us back to the hotel where we will pick up our car and drive home. Easy Peasy! :D

Edited by Jamman54

Your guess is pretty good! Four days prior to the cruise we are driving down to Baltimore and staying one night at the Best Western in Elkridge. This gives us free parking for the duration of the cruise. The next morning the hotel shuttle takes us to the airport and we are flying down to Tampa and staying at the Bay Harbor Hotel for three nights. After the cruise arrives back in Baltimore the Best Western Hotel shuttle will take us back to the hotel where we will pick up our car and drive home. Easy Peasy! :D

Jamman,that is what we "would do" if we "could." Just too many extra expenses. But it's a great plan. Just a FYI, we have stayed at BW Elkridge twice. I think I remember they had a certain # of days you could park there free. I think it was 10, but don't quote me! There was a nominal charge for every day over the limit. I'm sure you could get this information from them. ;)

Sailing the Pride in Nov. ( First cruise ever!)

I read everything I can that has Pride in the heading.

Loved your review, short and to the point!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You and your family will love the Pride this was our first cruise also ,wife ,2-girls 10&8 at the time they loved camp. I won at bingo day 1 For $750 and last day$1000 this size ship is the perfect size the staff is great and the ports are good also. We went on the conquest this summer that's a big boat but was nice also. I am surprising the family and I have booked a Christmas cruise for this December (can't wait) I wish you and your family a great time and soak it all in there's so much to do