Beach Club in Progreso

dellasmom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What did you end up doing in Progresso? We will be there end of July so I am looking for ideas. Thanks!

I've been to Progreso about 7 times and have done the following-AutoProgreso tours to Dzibalchaltun ruins, Uxmal ruins, Xcambo ruins, the Reef Club resort, Technotel resort x 2, and double decker bus around town. I will also be back there in July.

If we just want to go to a beach, what's the best option. We will be on the Triumph on July 23.

There is a free beach in Progreso. As you are being driven in from the pier it will be on your left as you reach town. The bus will drop you off at the station but it's an easy 4 or 5 block walk straight back to beach. The main thing I go find negative is that you will be constantly approached by vendors. They are very nice and know they are trying to make a living but as soon as u tell one no you will be approached by 2 more. I was not able to read an entire paragraph in my book in between vendors. You can walk further down the beach, about s quarter mile and you will eventually run out of vendors.

• 1 month later...
There is a free beach in Progreso. As you are being driven in from the pier it will be on your left as you reach town. The bus will drop you off at the station but it's an easy 4 or 5 block walk straight back to beach. The main thing I go find negative is that you will be constantly approached by vendors. They are very nice and know they are trying to make a living but as soon as u tell one no you will be approached by 2 more. I was not able to read an entire paragraph in my book in between vendors. You can walk further down the beach, about s quarter mile and you will eventually run out of vendors.

Thank you, great to know!

I've been there 3 times over the past few years. 1st 2 times wasn't to bad. This past week was awful. We were in a group on the beach and we literally could not hold a one minute conversation without being interrupted by vendors. It was beyond ridiculous.