Carnival Splendor scenic ocean view rooms

Ksul7784

I have booked 3 scenic ocean view rooms side by side on the Carnival Splendor for a December 2016 cruise. From what I can tell they are above the bridge and seem to have good views. I was going to get balcony rooms but my 3 year old daughter loves to climb so I decided on the big Windows. Anyone ever had these rooms? I don't seem to find much info on them and there only seems to be 5 of them on the ship.Please give me the bad and the good.

If you Google or Bing search Carnival grand ocean view rooms or Scenic ocean view rooms and hit the images tab you'll get lots of pictures of them. None will be of Splendor though as the Deck 9 Grand ocean view rooms are whats being built right now while its in dry dock along with 2 captains suites at the front of the ship. Splendor has never had scenic or grand ocean view rooms until it comes out of dry dock next week on the 20th. Those rooms and the 2 captains suites will be brand new when it comes out of dry dock.

We just upgraded to 9200 from 7209. It was a bargain! I think that nobody on our sailing knew about the new rooms yet... We're so excited!

If anyone takes a cruise before May 15th, and has one of these new rooms, please let use know if they are as nice as they look are the other ships.

Ournewroom.jpg.90c8380d4653c1e530087ac462975711.jpg

We started off in a scenic ocean view on the Sunshine until, after obsessive checking, I scored a grand scenic ocean view. For some reason, Carnival had the 2 GSOV rooms listed as 2-person occupancy, and we needed 4-person. It was a first cruise for our daughters, and my then-3.5-year-old also climbed anything available and would have used a balcony railing as a diving platform. If I were you, I would call Carnival or your PVP and see if any of the GSOV are available. Don't worry if they connect or not - you won't care. We had an L-shaped couch which could separate into a regular couch with a full-sized hide-a-bed and a chaise lounge which immediately got moved under the larger windows; then all 4 of us took turns sleeping under the stars. Although the bathroom was the same as any regular cabin, I think the total square footage of the room was around 390.

The regular scenic ocean view rooms will have slightly more floor space than a normal ocean view room because the window slants out from top to bottom. The big selling point is the view.

Some drawbacks, which we didn't experience or care about: 1) higher deck and all the way forward can mean you feel more motion, although we didn't; 2) all the way forward means a longer walk to buffet areas, but you are on the same deck; 3) due to restrictions for navigation, the blinds have to be down at night when the room lights are on - we just raised the blinds after we turned out the lights and used a battery-operated candle nightlight in the bathroom.

If we ever have the chance to book this type of room again, especially the GSOV, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Hope this helped.

Edited by eeyoreme

Both the 6J and the 6K are nice rooms, but the 6K is indeed the best cabin on the ships that have them next to the Captain's Suites. We had 9200 on the Freedom and it was beautiful! So much room and that sweeping panoramic view cannot be matched. It's nice to know they added them to another ship. I sure wish they were on the Vista.

We had one on Glory and it was fabulous! If I could manage to snag that room on every cruise I would gladly do it. One concern I had was the light coming in at night, we like our rooms dark, but that wasn't an issue at all. Our son was a year old and he had fun climbing up on the slight ledge the window has to look out. Have fun!

I'm so excited that we to get to be one of the first in the new Splendor Grand Scenic Ocean View (6K) rooms for our May cruise!

I'm even more excited to see our daughter's reaction to it. She's 21 and cruising with us for the first time (and maybe her only time, since she's graduating from college next year and will be a teacher...and who can afford to cruise in the summer or over Christmas break on a teacher's salary!). Basically this is the whole reason we planned this trip because she was dying to take a cruise. As hubby Jkirkn said, we originally booked an interior with a pullman for her and I was worried about the 3 of us sharing 185sq feet. I also felt bad that we got to experience a balcony room on our other 2 cruises and that for her one and probably only cruise we were gonna be cramped together in an interior.

We haven't told her yet that we upgraded. I can't wait to see her face when we open the doors to our "interior" cabin!