Greater Miami Highlights with Airport Drop-off.

goldencruiser

There's a single review on the Celebrity website, and it's very negative:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions/productDetails?productCode=FT36&productId=100000002713316906

The Fort Lauderdale Land and Sea with Airport Transfer sounds like a better choice IMO, with a lot of positive reviews.

I did see the review on Celebrity's website, but I was hoping for other opinions. I think their trip might have been better had the weather cooperated. From what I understand, the Ft. Lauderdale land and Sea excursion will drop you off at FLL and not MIA.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas on how two 80 year old women can spend the day other than sitting at MIA for 5 hours! The idea of the everglades did not appeal to them as it was too "active" for them.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Edited by goldencruiser

You might look into the cost of a livery service to pick them up at Port Everglades and drive them to the Miami airport with a private tour included in the cost. There are many interesting things to see in Ft. Lauderdale that could be enjoyed from an air conditioned car - same with Miami. LarrysLimo is mentioned on Cruise Critic frequently.

Is this excursion still offered? Luggage is put on the tour bus and stays there till you arrive at the airport.

DH and I toured Las Olas Blvd. and did the Carrie B paddle boat on our own and it was enjoyable. The paddle boat is easy to get on and off and seating on the lower level is covered. I think snacks and drinks are available for purchase. I am assuming this is the boat used for this tour. Oh - I see their flight is at 3:15 pm - you would have to check with the cruise line to see if that would be acceptable.

FT17 Ft. Lauderdale Land and Sea (Ends at MIA)

Prices: Adult $75.75

Duration: 4 hr(s) 30 min(s)

Departure Times: 8:30 am

Explore one of America's most exciting and unique cities by land and sea. This excursion takes you through Fort Lauderdale's

favorite streets, including legendary Las Olas Boulevard and the spectacular Arts and Science District. Board a paddleboat for a

leisurely cruise past movie star mansions and mega yachts. It's the perfect end to an afternoon on South Florida's waterways.

Highlights:

• Take a scenic guided drive through Fort Lauderdale, also known as "The Venice of America" and explore its world famous sites.

• Enjoy a Mississippi paddleboat cruise down the New River for fantastic views of the shoreline and neighboring homes.

Important Notes:

• Tour available to guests departing Miami International Airport 3:30pm or later (domestic).

• Tour available to guests departing Miami International Airport 4:30pm or later (international).

Edited by MarKay525