Aft Corner Cabins

psheik

1100 is a JS, not GS....was this a typo??

Sorry for confusing matters--though 1100 has a huge balcony, the GS I moved to was indeed 1600, from 1050, after bumping up from 1560. Maybe I need to stay put so I can remember the correct stateroom and not walk in on anyone...

We loved 7688 on Mariner this summer and booked another corner aft for next summer. We could've had deck 8 or 7, but we chose 7 because we liked the sliding door and all the view through it as opposed to a single door. No problem with noise, soot, obstructed view, etc. It was great. The crew often have breaks down below us and we occasionally smelled cigarettes when they were smoking, but that is a problem all over the ship. It's hard to have any other balcony after having an aft corner.

My lst aft balcony was on the NCL Dawn out of NY several years ago. I had a corner suite and it was terrific. The Dawn is square in the back and you look straight down at the water and out at the wake with NO obstructions. Last year we were on the Voyager with a corner I believe on 9. I did not have a port hole and had a door. It was far out to the end of the ship and all the steel beams took away from the fun of just looking down at the wake. I would not do an aft Voyager Class balcony again. The balcony was large but that didn't matter so much to me. I've booked the Dawn for this spring for an 11 nighter out of NY and I have an aft balcony!!! It's a lot of money but I'm just helping my kids spend their inheritance.

John L.

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is old, but it caught my attention because we have cabin 9690 and 8690 on hold for the Voyager. You said there is 1 door in these cabins, not a sliding door. The RCCL rep said that on Voyaber only, there are sliding doors??? Also, did I understnad you that 8690 is larger (balcony) than 9690? Any recommendations on which cabin would be better would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nancy

Our family of 8 have three aft rooms ( two on deck 7 and one on 9). Does anyone know how the triple accomodation work in these rooms? By RCCL website, it appears that these rooms have third pullman. Does anyone have stayed in these room?

we stayed in (E1) 7390 2 years ago and the 3rd bed was a pullman. We are booked in 7388 for our 10/6 Explorer cruise. I can't wait. When in 7390 I peeked around the divider and the balcony on 7388 was huge. 7390's balcony was great also. I didnt mind the obstruction at all. You get used to it very quickly. We did notice one night that there was loud partying coming from the crew lounge on deck 5 aft. But it wasnt enough to complain about.

Aug 26 - Sep 3 2006 I had both 7388 and 7688 on Mariner of the Seas. Having sailed on Norwegian Dawn aft, I could not wait to see my aft corners on a Voyager class.

I remember posting to ask if we should get two rooms next to each other or get both rear corners. Almost everyone said get the ones next to each other because we could open the balconies to have super jumbo size (not true...the panels are permanent between the cabins balaconies). In my opinion you really need the side balcony to see good views. The rear structure allows you to see the water but not "close" or direct. I really did not care to look over a big deck on 6 and beams to see the water. While it makes the ship look great from the shore, the design is not as nice as a regular balcony from the rooms. YES, we did have 4 chairs, a table and two lounge chairs plus room for another several people to stand around on but the cabin held only three. The third was a bed that was up in the ceiling that was not noticable if you did not use it.

Yes, crew came out several times to their rear deck on 5 and yes they smoke but it did not make it uncomfortable for me and I am THE most anti-smoking person I know of.

Also note that the rear cabins are concave across the back of the ship. We could look across corner to corner and see the rest of our family waving (but ONLY when you stand in the edge corner) but not easily see the other cabins in between.

If I had a group that I would like to entertain while onboard, it is perfect. In fact we did have several cc memebers visit. There were at most 8 at once out there and there was lots of room for more.

Archived