Do Specialty Dining Prices Change Closer to Sail?

I'm on Harmony in October (more than six months out) and just noticed that they're offering Chef's Table reservations now. I definitely want to go there on my birthday, but right now, the price is $104.50 pp, which seems a lot more than many of you have paid on different cruises. Of course, I don't want to wait to see if the price drops if we might lose a rez on that particular date. If I reserve and price drops, will the lower price be charged? Does one actually pay in advance, or is it charged to our on board account? Thanks.

I'm on Harmony in October (more than six months out) and just noticed that they're offering Chef's Table reservations now. I definitely want to go there on my birthday, but right now, the price is $104.50 pp, which seems a lot more than many of you have paid on different cruises. Of course, I don't want to wait to see if the price drops if we might lose a rez on that particular date. If I reserve and price drops, will the lower price be charged? Does one actually pay in advance, or is it charged to our on board account? Thanks.

Anything you book on Royal's website that costs extra is immediately billed to your credit card.

The other annoying habit that Royal seems to have adopted lately is to raise the price once on board to more than it was listed in the cruise planner for. They also may not offer all of the different dining packages once on board. On our recent Allure cruise 2 days before sailing you could book a 5 night dining package, once on board they only offered the 3 night package.