Sharks, Rays and Island Getaway

hockeymom71

How long do you get to stay in Cay Caulker when you book through Coral Breeze?

You get about 75 minutes if you do the snorkeling on Shark Ray Alley. They also have the option where you can skip the snorkeling and just do the island.

@brothercraig-- so you don't get to do all three? If we skip the snorkeling how long would we be at Cay Caulker?

With the Shark Ray Alley excursion, you get to snorkel at Shark Ray Alley and visit Caye Caulker. They stop at Caye Caulker first for a restroom break and to drop off the non-snorkelers. Then they go out to snorkel at Shark Ray Alley for 90 minutes. Then come back to Caye Caulker for 75 minutes.

If you skip the snorkeling, you will get around 3 hours on the island itself.. The boat ride over is 40 minutes.

Can I ask why the ride out was a bit of hell? What type of boat did you use? I'm not looking for exact just big or small. Also, how many people were on the excursion? Was it overcrowded? I ask the size of the boat because we were almost stranded one time taking the same type of tour. Just not with this company.

Thanks!

T*

Yes, I already answered this below my last post:

The boat is fairly small and you sit facing each other on a long bench seat. The ride was REALLY bumpy (not seasick rough, jarring bumps) for the 45 minute ride out. We poor girls with our bathing suits on and not that much support (if you know what I mean) had to sit with our arms crossed as to not have sore mammaries by the time we got there. We were all laughing about it, but my butt is still bruised from the constant bumping up and down on the water. The boat goes fast, so that was fun, but my poor friend with a bad back didn't fare so well. He's still sore.

There were about 30 on our boat. It was an uncovered long flat boat. It goes very fast (which I love) but the jarring bumping we could have done without. Fortunately the ride back was smooth as silk. AND they took us right back into the tender port so no need to walk back into town as we had to on the way out. That was nice!!