Windspirit Tahiti 2017?

WanderingDust

Hello All,

Husband and I are celebrating our 40th & 50th birthdays plus our 10 year anniversary next year. We want a holiday that we will never forget and have landed on the 7 day Tahiti cruise in Oct next year. I have a few questions if someone could be kind enough to help I'd be very grateful.

Is Oct a good time to go? We are travelling from the UK and so will fly to LAX. I can see that there are certain offers such as flight from LAX and hotel included. Is it worth taking that offer or paying less for the cruise and paying our flights to Tahiti?

Is there a particular agent in the UK we should use or should we look at using an agent elsewhere or book direct with Windstar?

We're ready to book so next question is how far in advance should we book to get the best deal, last question! is the Owners suite worth the extra vs a regular cabin.

Thank you

Edited by WanderingDust

Hi Wanderingdust.

We booked directly with Windstar and it worked out great for us. We traveled from LAX and the free flight and hotel the day before the cruise and after, were components that made a perfect trip. No one should imagine hanging around the airport until time to board. Anytime is a good time to go to Tahiti. some months have a little more rain, " liquid sunshine" than others. Transfers from the airports were seamless. I LOVED this trip. It is every bit my Tahiti dream come true.

I can not speak to how you want to spend your money or the free hotel etc. I can speak for a perfect cruise. We were there in May 2014, glorious. In my opinion it is the only way to see Tahiti and the islands. The lagoon is georgous, the visuals fabulous,the best swimming and snorkeling, swimming with the rays and sharks thrilling and the spinner dolphin expedition fabulous. We love Windstar and we adored this cruise. With Windstar you watch the the price, it does not matter what you pay because they will always reduce the price if it goes down up to 90 days before the cruise when your balance is due. You have to watch the price and contact WS or your TA. So you may as well get the cabin you want. For 20 cruises that is what we have done and we have never felt it could have been cheaper if you measure when to buy the plane tickets. It was terrific. We came in with WS on the trans Pacific cruise but I would go a couple days ahead to get used to time change because it is a busy cruise and we never leave the day of disembarkation, we like to ease into a long flight. Have fun, happy sailing.

WanderingDust, we just booked the 7 day Tahiti cruise for July, via a travel agent. The website price was a great deal, however our agent was able to reduce the price by almost a third from the web price (!!) and we just learned about another bonus deal offered to us! Use an agent (as long as there are little to no booking fees). Who knows if the price would have been the same had we called Windstar directly, but it is always nice to have a professional in your corner, if some goes sideways while on your trip. Congratulations on your milestones - we are so crazy excited for our cruise too!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly our May, 2017 cruise to Tahiti for our 30th anniversary, has just been cancelled. I believe Windstar is cancelling several cruises around that time. The reason given is to accommodate air travel. They are scheduling a short, 7 day cruise three days later instead. Disappointing!

SMNYDRUISE

Cancelling your cruise??? I'm so sad for you!! What do they mean accommodating air travel?? Does Tahiti Nui have planes out of service??? So how does the new schedule affect you? can you still go? was your itinery 10 days?

The reason given for the cancellation was "...to accommodate better air flight schedules." If you have booked Tahiti for next year, I would check with Windstar because they gave me the impression that several cruises were effected by this decision.