Solstice Cabins 6295 and 6297 obstruction?

kikikc

I tried searching the threads for info on these cabins but didn't have any luck finding info on how obstructed they are. The travel agent said they were 30% obstructed. We are taking my mother to Alaska for her 80th birthday and the travel agent held these cabins for us. I'm ok with a little obstruction if it is lower but i don't want the view straight out from the balcony obstructed. Can anyone give me any info on this? We only have the cabins held until tomorrow then we either have to book or keep looking. Thanks so much!

Way back there, I think that the obstruction is going to be the roof of one of the specialty restaurants, probably Blu. So it will not impede your view out at all, it will just impede your view straight down. I think the price is right this would be a really good choice

I tried searching the threads for info on these cabins but didn't have any luck finding info on how obstructed they are. The travel agent said they were 30% obstructed. We are taking my mother to Alaska for her 80th birthday and the travel agent held these cabins for us. I'm ok with a little obstruction if it is lower but i don't want the view straight out from the balcony obstructed. Can anyone give me any info on this? We only have the cabins held until tomorrow then we either have to book or keep looking. Thanks so much!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. What might assist you most in the future is the search Forum tool. Put in what you are looking for and it will search thousands of posts. In your case either cabin number brings up a discussion about the cabin.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. What might assist you most in the future is the search Forum tool. Put in what you are looking for and it will search thousands of posts. In your case either cabin number brings up a discussion about the cabin.

The OP indicated that a search had been done, and the wanted information could not be found. Sometimes it can be hard to trapse through the "thousands of threads" that you indicated are available. Especially for a new comer. Besides, Cruise Critic is the place to come to for answers.

Hi

We recently booked 6292 on the Solstice and found this thread useful for making our decision:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1922563

I believe the obstruction is the same for 6295/6297: just the blue roof sticking out from Blu/specialty restaurants. Will not prevent you looking out like the lifeboats would but will prevent looking straight down to the sea.

Here's a video of 6295 on the equinox, should be the same as solstice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-woureQkP0g