Can someone clarify ES rate rules?

beckzay

If I book under early saver, am I able to change rooms sometime before final payment without penalty? What if 1 person can't make it (I don't foresee that happening, but just hypothetically)? And if that 1 person can't make it we would have to cancel one entire room...if we book 3 cabins all with double occupancy. Then what?

I know you can change the room location without penalty as long as it is same type of cabin or upgrade. I recently did this without any fee going from balcony to suite. I have no clue about someone canceling.

If I book under early saver, am I able to change rooms sometime before final payment without penalty? What if 1 person can't make it (I don't foresee that happening, but just hypothetically)? And if that 1 person can't make it we would have to cancel one entire room...if we book 3 cabins all with double occupancy. Then what?

You can upgrade with Early Saver but cannot downgrade. If you cancel before final payment you will lose $50 and the remainder of the deposit will be held as a future cruise credit. If that one person cancels before final payment the other person in that cabin would end up having to pay double for the cabin. It would probably be more economical to have them cancel and put them in one of the other 2 cabins that are booked.

I agree with the previous poster. If all 3 rooms have 2 people in them each, and 1 person of the 6 needs to cancel, then you should put the remaining person in one of the other rooms, which would then require moving to a room that can sleep 3 people. The reason for that is that a solo has to pay 2 cruise fares. The same price as 2 people, minus taxes for 1. This would be in addition to any penalties paid for the cancelled person. It would actually be cheaper to not cancel the person & only have the 1 person show up for the cruise. But if you move that remaining person to one of the other rooms, then the only money you're out (before final payment) is the $50 penalty, and the remaining deposit held for a future cruise. My friends actually did this exact thing. One person cancelled, so they combined 2 ES bookings into one, putting everyone in the same room. And there was no penalty for doing that, only the penalty for the person who was cancelled. If you have to cancel the person after final payment, standard penalties apply, the lowest of which is the entire deposit. I'm not sure if you could combine 2 bookings into 1 after final payment. My friends did it before final payment.

You can upgrade with ES, paying whatever the difference in price is, if there is any, but no penalty. You can also change rooms to another within the same category. Downgrading is not allowed, not even for a fee.

Edited by k2excursion