Mosquitos on board

I attract mosquitoes by the droves. I have never had a bite on a cruise. I've always gone to beaches when in port and never had a problem with mosquitoes. I wouldn't go on any jungle tours, but you should be fine going to beaches.

Gangway - unless you went to a doctor (or probably public health clinic) to get tested you don't know if you were infected with the Zika Virus. It is estimated that only 20% of humans show any symptoms caused by Zika. And after 14 days of being infected, it will not show a positive test.

A local woman here in South Florida contracted Zika in Colombia last week. The local TV news station showed her rash (though not her face.) It was awful. It was like really bad chicken pox and all over her. Plus she had a fever and a lot of pain. Now her doctors are telling her she may have also contracted the Guilian-Barre disorder too, which I hope isn't true because that can be so serious. She was told to stay at home and not go out, but she was not put in anyhospital isolation ward such as with Ebola.

What is worse, there are only two labs in Florida that test for Zika and the results can take days to be reported. The truth is Florida is not ready for a major Zika outbreak.