Copenhagen Hop On Hop Off bus

Someone posted in a review that one of the hop on hop off buses in Copenhagen picks up at the port. Can anyone advise which one?

Which port... there's like 3 in Copenhagen?

But you can do a Goggle search and find their websites.

Reviews say the "tour" is mediocre at best, but they will get you to the sights.

:eek: Be aware that 2 or 3 different HOHO bus companies pick up at the pier, all aggressively courting your business. What they fail to tell you is that you have to change buses on the way back at the last stop ( usually the Little Mermaid ) and this final shuttle bus will take you the last 2 miles to the ship. HOWEVER, they only usually operate one (1) shuttle to the pier and it gets packed. Also, there can be delays caused by confusion as people from other HOHO tours mistakenly try to get on the bus. ( and you mistakenly try to get on theirs ).

NOT a good system, but we survived , and loved Copenhagen.

K

• 1 month later...
:eek: Be aware that 2 or 3 different HOHO bus companies pick up at the pier, all aggressively courting your business. What they fail to tell you is that you have to change buses on the way back at the last stop ( usually the Little Mermaid ) and this final shuttle bus will take you the last 2 miles to the ship. HOWEVER, they only usually operate one (1) shuttle to the pier and it gets packed. Also, there can be delays caused by confusion as people from other HOHO tours mistakenly try to get on the bus. ( and you mistakenly try to get on theirs ).

K

Thanks for your info. Do you know about the HOHO boat or the combo? Is there a shuttle to take you to the boat?

K

Thanks for your info. Do you know about the HOHO boat or the combo? Is there a shuttle to take you to the boat?

Great questions that I'm trying to figure out today myself as well.

I've heard through this forum...that if you do decide on a HOHO, it's quicker to take a boat tour, rather than bus tour, due to traffic congestion.

We're debating on a HOHO boat vs a Free Walking Tour.

But the question still remains on how to move from the port to the start of the HOHO boat or center town to meet up with the Free Walking Tour.

That part of the puzzle I've not figured out yet.

Great questions that I'm trying to figure out today myself as well.

I've heard through this forum...that if you do decide on a HOHO, it's quicker to take a boat tour, rather than bus tour, due to traffic congestion.

We're debating on a HOHO boat vs a Free Walking Tour.

But the question still remains on how to move from the port to the start of the HOHO boat or center town to meet up with the Free Walking Tour.

That part of the puzzle I've not figured out yet.

Hey - we're on your cruise and we are going to walk from the pier to our 2pm Segway tour, which is all the way over by the National Museum. If the weather is iffy, we will take bus 26. I've not heard good things about the HOHO tours in Copenhagen.

We're going to be in Copenhagen for about 4 days before our cruise and I was also curious about the Hop On/Hop Off bus options. I found the map and info on the following website to be helpful. It looks like a nice option and has a stop right in front of our hotel.

http://www.stromma.dk/globalassets/denmark/copenhagen/product_slideshows/sightseeing/brochure/open-top-tours-2015-2016.pdf/