EWR to Times Square to Cape Liberty to EWR

KStevens79

Hi,

This will be our first cruise on the East Coast (so excited)!

I am looking for reliable transportation. We are flying into EWR and spending our first five nights in NYC, then to Cape Liberty and from there to EWR. I know the only place I will find my answer, or answers, is here on this board.

Could you all please suggest what, and definitely what not, to do for transportation?

Thanks for your help!

Karen

Edited by KStevens79

For New York to Cape Liberty, NJ book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo. There are online coupons. $80-100 range. Be sure you understand the quote - there is a base rate, tolls, and tip (18-20%)

For Cape Liberty to EWR your options are cruise line transfer ($28.50/pp), shuttle from the taxi dispatcher ($28.59/pp), private car from the taxi dispatcher ($65 range) or get a quote from Dial7 or Carmellimo.

Do not take a NYC cab from NY to Cape Liberty.

Edited by 138east

Thanks for the info! Is there a car service you would recommend over the other? I keep reading mixed reviews...

Thanks in advance!

The local folks who use these services on a regular basis like both car services. Their experiences do not match the random reviews posted on Tripadvîsor and other review web sites. Both car services have large fleets and regularly transport cruisers between New York, Cape Liberty, and Newark Airport.

• 1 month later...
For EWR into the city just take the train. Airtrain to the NJ transit right into NY Penn Station then depending on where you are staying walk/cab/subway to your hotel.

Will you come and carry all of my luggage for a two week vacation??? :D

I think a car will be much more convenient, but thanks for the info! I'll be going to NYC again in November and this might come in handy! I won't have three suitcases then!

Thanks!

There is also an airport express bus that picks up and drops off at each terminal on the arrivals level outside baggage claim and takes you to Port Authority Bus Terminal, Bryant Park, or Grand Central Station.