Internet package/Carnival Hub app

chewie8008

So, we are leaving for Aruba on Carnival Sunshine tomorrow. My wife and I are going to get the internet package that is $25 for the week. She wants to be able to Facebook message her family back in the US. A few ppl going with us would like to be able to message back and forth with just us on the cruise ship. So I'm wondering if I pay the $25 for the value internet or whatever it's called that allows access to Facebook/Instagram etc. Does that package also allow us to message via the carnival hub app to our fellow cruisers or do we need to pay the extra $5 to use the Hub messaging as well?

Is there a difference in reliability? I've read that the $5 messaging via carnival hub can be unreliable. Is the internet package more reliable or the same?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

the $25 social media package is different from the chat/message feature... so no. You will have to pay $30 to get both.

Both are reliable as the other (clear as mud :) ) if you lose the wifi on the ship you won't get message from either fb message or the chat/message on the HUB. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 that kept dropping the wifi but my BF's Galaxy s6 did not do that. I think I needed to change a setting

Also if you want to chat/message via the HUB with other passengers just add them as a contact with their chat id. The id will show on the main page under your name. Most I saw were 4 digit numbers.

Just off the Breeze and have current knowledge of it.

We didn't bother with the $5 chat feature. If everyone you want to "chat" with has FB messenger on their phones, then you can just use that under the $25 social media package. That's exactly what our group did on the Breeze in Feb.

Yes you can do that on sunshine which has the newer internet plans. I purchased the premium and at times the performance was great and at times either due to ship location or activity level on the wifi I wasn't able to get streaming video. However it is so much better than it used to be and so much more reasonable. Good luck and enjoy the Sunshine!

Sailed last week and had the $25 social plan. I was hoping iMessage would work as well. It worked for the first day or two and then quit. Facebook message worked reliably the entire week. That is how I communicated with my parents back home and my husband on the ship. The friends we traveled with only bought the $5 hub package and that was definitely hit or miss. I'd say only 60-70% of our messages went through at best. We could not use Hub on the $25 plan

I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'll ask anyways. Is it $25 per device or for everyone in your cabin? We will be on the sunshine in June and my teenage daughters want the social package for snapchat but my husband and I will not get it so I'm assuming it's $25 each for them?

I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'll ask anyways. Is it $25 per device or for everyone in your cabin? We will be on the sunshine in June and my teenage daughters want the social package for snapchat but my husband and I will not get it so I'm assuming it's $25 each for them?

Any device can use the plan but only 1 at a time. Whenever a second device signs on the other is disconnected. Hope this helps.