Grand Cayman with Young Children

marx

My family will be traveling on the Dawn to the Western Carib in December. This will be the first cruise with children for my husband and me. Our kids will be 2 1/2 years and 3 months old.

We are a little nervous about tender ports such as GC since we have had some rough trips loading and traveling on tenders, and this time we will have a stroller (or two).

Does anyone have suggestions on the best Stingray City tour where one stays on the boat? We would like to go to SC in the morning and rent a car for the afternoon.

Marx

We really enjoyed Sotos Cruises. There was one person in our group that only wanted to observe from the boat. They don't mind if you want to stay on the boat. The rest of us got off and snorkled. My daughter (who was 8 at that time) really hung to me around my neck because she was scared at first. Sotos gave me a life jacket to help keep us both afloat. After a while my daughter got more comfortable and didn't cling to me but it was nice to have the life vest in case she suddenly grabbed ahold of me again. Sotos was great. We will be in GC again in December on the Grandeur and have booked this snorkling trip with them again. Have fun!

Archived