Corfu Beaches?

metsfan47

The best beaches are in the north west in San Stefanos and Arilas. That is too far just to go to a beach. There is also a nice beach at Glyfada but that is about an hour away. You can walk into Corfu town from the ship and have a drink and browse the shops

• 2 months later...

Not to hijack your thread, but I will try to answer your question and then make a new one for myself. As I searched Glyfada and Paleokastritsa are the most beautiful beaches closed to Corfu town (about 30 mins drive), and you can reach them by public bus or by taxi.

I made an email to Corfu Taxi Tours and they want 100€ to the transfer of 4 person to each of those beaches. Do you thing the price is fair or it’s a little bit priced?

I also thought in renting a car for the time we will be in Corfu (07:00am – 03:00pm), but although cheaper I don’t know if the different is enough to compensate the comfort of having a taxi bringing in and out at time we want. What’s your opinion about that?

Not to hijack your thread, but I will try to answer your question and then make a new one for myself. As I searched Glyfada and Paleokastritsa are the most beautiful beaches closed to Corfu town (about 30 mins drive), and you can reach them by public bus or by taxi.

I made an email to Corfu Taxi Tours and they want 100€ to the transfer of 4 person to each of those beaches. Do you thing the price is fair or it’s a little bit priced?

I also thought in renting a car for the time we will be in Corfu (07:00am – 03:00pm), but although cheaper I don’t know if the different is enough to compensate the comfort of having a taxi bringing in and out at time we want. What’s your opinion about that?

We just got back from our cruise, today.

In Corfu, we booked a tour through Viator that was perfect for us.

For about $35 per person, they picked us up at the cruise terminal, drove us to Glyfada Beach, provided very comfortable beach lounges and an umbrella, gave us a bottle of water and free soft drinks, and then, after about 3 hours, drove us back to the terminal.

It might be worthwhile for 4 of you to take a taxi but then you will still have to rent lounges and umbrella.

Glyfada was very nice. The water was crystal clear.

We just got back from our cruise, today.

In Corfu, we booked a tour through Viator that was perfect for us.

For about $35 per person, they picked us up at the cruise terminal, drove us to Glyfada Beach, provided very comfortable beach lounges and an umbrella, gave us a bottle of water and free soft drinks, and then, after about 3 hours, drove us back to the terminal.

It might be worthwhile for 4 of you to take a taxi but then you will still have to rent lounges and umbrella.

Glyfada was very nice. The water was crystal clear.

Thank you Sadie, this is very useful.

We did want to go to the beach in Corfu as we had been there already but our cruise line did not offer one.

I have just booked the one you recommended, seems to be very good value for money.

Will keep others posted after my return later in August.

Toonye