Port NYC Any idea's where to Park and Cruise

4canucks

Hello USA neighbours.

We will be driving from Ontario.

We are cruising out of NYC on the NCL Dawn. Arpil 06.

We are a looking to leave our vehicle somewhere and perhaps train it into

the heart of NY and cab it to the port.

I have read some options about New Jersey or there is a mention of

Poughkeepsie and leaving vehicle there.( I am assuming this is a train or subway stop.) We are young and do not mind the extra hike as paying

over 200.00 is something I am trying to avoid. :eek: If anyone has some suggestions as to hotels on the out skirts and transportation to the port it would be most helpful to us.

Thanks

Hello USA neighbours.

We will be driving from Ontario.

We are cruising out of NYC on the NCL Dawn. Arpil 06.

We are a looking to leave our vehicle somewhere and perhaps train it into

the heart of NY and cab it to the port.

I have read some options about New Jersey or there is a mention of

Poughkeepsie and leaving vehicle there.( I am assuming this is a train or subway stop.) We are young and do not mind the extra hike as paying

over 200.00 is something I am trying to avoid. :eek: If anyone has some suggestions as to hotels on the out skirts and transportation to the port it would be most helpful to us.

Thanks

Days Inn North Bergen-On Jersey side of Lincoln tunnel-Clean Hotel-not best part of town-but we had no problem leaving vehicles there for 7 days-free with hotel stay-We took shuttle from hotel to pier and back for $20 pp round trip-Harry

The Days Inn is not a hotel i would recommend staying at... it's not in a very 'welcoming' area.

From which direction will you be traveling? There are a few train stations that have "Park N Ride" where you may be able to leave your car for $5-$7/day (or free in some cases, but you'll need to find out if overnight parking is allowed) and then take the train to NYC.

Were you planning on staying in a hotel the night before on the NJ side or in Manhattan itself?

The shuttle ride is a 15 minute drive to the pier-The hotel is located just off of route 3, close to the NJ turnpike. This hotel was used to take advantage of the free parking. The rooms were clean-There is a restaurant which was ok-My car was fine when I returned-I would not want to spend a week here but for a night it was fine. I am just telling you what I know by experience. I usually stay at 3* or better, I say this because I want you to know I do not stay at dumps-this place was not a dump.

Harry

We are driving from Ontario. So this would mean crossing at Buffalo and following which ever interstate to the coast. Sorry have not looked at the map to get my route. We will be staying over night. We are wide open to suggestions as to hotel night before. We want to get this car sorted out.

I would prefer to stay in the area where we will leave the car. I want to be at the Port the next morning by 11:00. What Hotel and area would you suggest. NJ , Manhatt.? Again we usually cruise out of Fort L and I know the drill this is new ground. Thankx again for the help.

I have been researching the same trip and we are from Mississauga. We go in January for 10 days. If your cruise is longer than 10 days, I would definately park at ther pier $180 monthly pass. For hotel I would go to hotwire and book a hotel near any of the airports. These rates are very competitive. I got a room for 1 nite for $54. This way you will have your car with you when you get off the ship.

Sara

Hey Thankx.

I am just hoping to find away to avoid the costly parking fee. (We cruise with our kids) So every bit helps. More money for touring around on the islands.

I also heard a great web site is the parkandfly. Enjoy the Jan vacation!

Archived