tell me more-A/C vent between aft balconies???

albertiger

i've gotten some info that there is some kind of air conditioning room or vent between B756-757 on CB. how noisy is this thing? a muffled roar behind the wall? what about out on the balcony? is it constant or an on/off type of thing?i have 757 on hold but im having second thoughts:confused:

Albertiger:

I posted the below to someone that was going to be in this cabin on the CB this week...hope it helps.

How to describe this best...there is a partition between your balcony and the open space with the vent which when facing the ocean would be on your left hand side. There is a gap about 2 inches wide between 2 panels, and at the railing. A breeze does come through these spots. If you have a t-shirt laying on the lounger, if it is next to the partition panels, it will ruffle a bit. It is a little bit breezier next to the railing. For example if that same t-shirt is on the end of the lounger it will maybe roll up a bit. Made it a little less comfortable to lean over the railing and watch the stars.

Noise wise, you can't really hear the wake of the ship, you mostly hear vent. BUT, it is not that much louder than just the wake of the ship. Which from our friend's cabin next door you could only hear the wake. We did dinner on their balcony because it was a little quieter. By the 2nd or 3rd day it seems mostly just "white noise"...say the same kind of sound that you would fall asleep by with a Sharper Image Sound Soother.

When we arrived the table and chairs was on the vent side, we swapped it around to have our coffee on the deck without the little extra breeze. If you are doing the balcony dinner....which honestly I don't think will be a problem whatsoever, enjoy, it is great and romantic...I would set up on the side closer to the adjoining cabin. I also used one of the cushions from the chairs to block the breeze when I was hanging out on the lounger closest to the vent. That made a huge difference, and I fell fast asleep....

Sorry to have made you worry about it. Like I said it wasn't all that bad, just something that you do get used to or work around. I would stay in that cabin again in a minute, and do dinner on the balcony. Have a great cruise!:)

Albertiger: Let me know if you have any other questions.

We were in B756 and completely agree with ssabaste. We we did not find it distracting and would book this cabin again. We did not notice any noise while inside the cabin only when on the balcony. I belive that the A/C is a constant, not on and off but this vent was not a problem. Great view of the wake and a very quiet location. This vent provides additonal privacy as you cannot see or hear your neighbors on one side!

awfw

Albertiger,

I'll be in c752 on the Crown in July. Will let you know what the cabin and balcony are like, the set up should be similar if not the same as the CB. Glad your TA was able to make a change; I think the corner is going to be nice.:D

I just found your post in the roll call section for our cruise to Hawaii? Did you get through to Crucon?? I just got an email from Kevin and they have extended the $25 deposit until the 11th of November. Hope that helps. Email me directly at Litewait@aol.com if you have more questions or I can help you with Crucon. I hadn't heard until now of them not returning cals. I'll have to talk to Kevin about that:(

Hope we will see you soon on the Hawaii board!

Albertiger - Congratulations on that corner aft cabin!

For any other cruisers interested in B756 - My DH and I were in this cabin this past January. It is an awesome location. The view of the wake is wonderful. The vent noise did indeed become "white noise" after a bit. When lying in the lounger, the breeze coming thru the 2-inch gap in the partition on the left side of the balcony was a bit bothersome. So I put that trusty duck tape to use and covered the gap! Two-minute solution and we enjoyed that balcony tremendously.

Archived