Breakaway - Specialty Dining Questions

karen119

We were on the Breakaway in Nov 2013 and most of the specialty dining restaurants were a set price. While making my reservations for our June cruise, I noticed that Cagney's, La Bistro, and La Cuchina are now a la carte. We have the Ultimate Dining Package, so we're good, but we're traveling with others who will be paying.

I'd like to give them an idea of how much each place will cost for the average diner. Any recent cruisers with any info? I can't find a thing on the NCL web site.

TIA!

Google "beyondships escape menus". Even though you're on the Breakaway, the a la carte menus are listed here. That will give an idea of prices. It's generally going to be cheaper to buy an SDP for the # of nights they plan to eat in specialty restaurants. Once you view the menus, it's just math.

Edited by LrgPizza

• 1 month later...

We're in a similar boat...pun intended!

We haven't cruise since 2013 and I am confused on the specialty dining options now as well. We have the Ultimate Dining Package but I see some restaurants are a la carté pricing now. I spoke with a rep from NCL but she didn't really clear things up for me. If we choose La Cucina for example, is there a flat fee option on the menu or does the dining package allow us to pick from the a la carte menu?

Thanks

We're in a similar boat...pun intended!

We haven't cruise since 2013 and I am confused on the specialty dining options now as well. We have the Ultimate Dining Package but I see some restaurants are a la carté pricing now. I spoke with a rep from NCL but she didn't really clear things up for me. If we choose La Cucina for example, is there a flat fee option on the menu or does the dining package allow us to pick from the a la carte menu?

Thanks

The UDP allows you to pick from these a la carte menu without an additional fee (unless noted below): Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, La Cucina, Moderno Churrascaria and Cagney's Steakhouse

However, since you referenced UDP..... I wanted to include the current SDP T&Cs (which are probably different than what you received for UDP) that outlines the promo. The UDP was more liberal so if you have the T&Cs for that, bring it so you may enjoy more flexibility.

- Food Republic, The Bake Shop, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, specialty items in the Asian restaurant, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.

- You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15), For the Record ($15), Ocean Blue ($15), Bayamo ($15), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7), and Raw Bar ($7).

- Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00.

- There is no minimum or maximum to the number of meals that can be redeemed in a day, however each meal is counted towards the package.

Edited by esm54687

Thanks Scott!

From our travel agent I only received the invoice which shows "Specialty Dining Package" so I may have misspoken when I said "Ultimate Dining Package" It was included with our booking so I wasn't sure if it really was a perk if I then had to pay for each entree but you clarified that for me so thanks!

Chris