Cruise and Stay

Hi Guys

Has anyone done a cruise and stay with Thomson who could help me with transfers. I'm sure when I booked to said you get transfers from the plane to ship then ship to hotel but can't remember if we get hotel back to airport....the hotels quite away from the airport, when do I get details of the transfers as there's nothing on my booking email.

Thanks

Dean

You are supposed to get a transfer back from the hotel to the airport but unfortunately our coach did not turn up when we were in Tenerife in February and we had to arrange our own taxi in order not to miss our flight.

Thomson did reimburse the taxi fare once we got to the airport but it made the transfer experience quite stressful and we only received a very reluctant apology. We have done a few cruise and stay holidays and this was the first time we have had any problems.

We checked with the rep each day for the last 3 days of our holiday but the transfer was only confirmed at 8pm the night before we were due to come home. The transfer arrangments were given to us by the rep on a written card under our door and also handwritten in the guest folder in reception but as I said before the coach still failed to turn up. Don't know how much more I could have done to check up on the arrangements before.

We did cruise and stay last year and the details of transfer from hotel to airport on in Thomson folder in reception, also the rep will put card under your room door of pick up details, my only other advice would be if you can do the stay first and then the cruise because the cruise part of your holiday is so great you will be disappointed with the stay part of your holiday.

There has been a glitch with the Thomson booking process this year. All the correspondence states transfers are not included but Thomson have assured us they will be. As with previous posters we have done cruise & stay before with no problems whatsoever. And will be doing so again in June.