Sanctuary ?

My aunt and her friend are taking a Alaska cruise from Seattle- I was telling them to enjoy a day in the Sanctuary when in Glacier Bay- I forgot that this is what Princess calls theirs.

Does Holland have a Sanctuary area similar? Just trying to help them have the best time possible. Thanks for any comments-

My aunt and her friend are taking a Alaska cruise from Seattle- I was telling them to enjoy a day in the Sanctuary when in Glacier Bay- I forgot that this is what Princess calls theirs.

Does Holland have a Sanctuary area similar? Just trying to help them have the best time possible. Thanks for any comments-

Yes they do it's called the Retreat but I am not sure if it is on all ships, usually on the midship pool deck, one side and also outside the crows nest above the pool deck. Which ship are you sailing?

Edited by mllewis48

I find the retreat cabanas to be much nicer than the sanctuary. One difference is that there is no place in the retreat to escape if it's cold. As far as I know the retreat cabanas are available on the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam, NA, eurodam and the koningsdam. Cabanas may be available on a daily basis if they aren't rented for the entire cruise.

Edited by Just_a_cruiser

Love CC thanks I am not sure the Ship she could not remember 76---- all she said it is HAL ship our of Seattle. :)

I will share the name Retreat with her and they can do the rest for themselves. If it is in Glacier bay it must have the Retreat option.

Westerdam, Amsterdam, and Maasdam sail to Alaska out of Seattle. I don't think any have the Retreat. Westerdam and Maasdam go to Glacier Bay. Amsterdam does Tracy Arm.

Best place in Glacier Bay is on the Bow eating Pea Soup or topside outside the Crows Nest so you can move around.

Edited by mllewis48