Booked two rooms - Different exchange rates?

donutcop

Ok so hopefully I can explain this without being too confusing as I'm confused myself...

I booked two interior rooms for me, DH and our four children. Both rooms booked at the same time however have different reservation numbers. I booked in Canadian funds. I was playing around with the reservations and noticed that I can buy on board credit for an exchange rate of $1.10. So a $500 OBC will cost me $550 Canadian. However on the second reservation the exchange rate is at $1.40. So a $500 OBC is showing as $700! No idea why such differing rates when both reservations were made on the same phone call....

I'd like to take advantage of the better exchange rate so would prefer to buy all my OBC under that one reservation. So my question is this.... Can I use OBC from one room to pay for my second rooms charges? I worry about calling NCL to point out the difference that they would choose to raise the better exchange rate and I'd loose out completely.

Ok so hopefully I can explain this without being too confusing as I'm confused myself...

I booked two interior rooms for me, DH and our four children. Both rooms booked at the same time however have different reservation numbers. I booked in Canadian funds. I was playing around with the reservations and noticed that I can buy on board credit for an exchange rate of $1.10. So a $500 OBC will cost me $550 Canadian. However on the second reservation the exchange rate is at $1.40. So a $500 OBC is showing as $700! No idea why such differing rates when both reservations were made on the same phone call....

I'd like to take advantage of the better exchange rate so would prefer to buy all my OBC under that one reservation. So my question is this.... Can I use OBC from one room to pay for my second rooms charges? I worry about calling NCL to point out the difference that they would choose to raise the better exchange rate and I'd loose out completely.

Hello from Nova Scotia! :)

Maybe call and add more to the first reservation. Once that is done and you have your amenity confirmation emailed to you. Call back and try to do the same for the other one? Just so make sure you don't lose the 1.10 rate from cabin #1...

Just out of curiosity, what is your exchange rate for the actual cruise and gratuities? When and which ship are you sailing? I want to book the Getaway for April 2017, but hoping the rates will get better.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking I'll buy lots of OBC under the first room and then hope we can link reservations once we check in. If not, I think we can withdraw money from the account then just pay it towards the second room. Either way the $1.10 exchange rate is pretty sweet even if we only get it for one room.

I booked on a Canadian travel website so paid in Canadian from the get go. However, the price on this website was actually cheaper than the price on the NCL site even in US funds. I thought it might be a pricing error on the website but the prices are still there and we booked a couple months ago. I don't think I can post the website but if you're interested send me a message.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking I'll buy lots of OBC under the first room and then hope we can link reservations once we check in. If not, I think we can withdraw money from the account then just pay it towards the second room. Either way the $1.10 exchange rate is pretty sweet even if we only get it for one room.

I booked on a Canadian travel website so paid in Canadian from the get go. However, the price on this website was actually cheaper than the price on the NCL site even in US funds. I thought it might be a pricing error on the website but the prices are still there and we booked a couple months ago. I don't think I can post the website but if you're interested send me a message.

Thanks! I just added you as a friend on CC...I think that is how I can send a message?

Thanks! I just added you as a friend on CC...I think that is how I can send a message?

I'm not sure how it works! I just tried looking for a way to send a message and don't see anything! Maybe you can figure it out. Otherwise I'll just post my email

I'm not sure how it works! I just tried looking for a way to send a message and don't see anything! Maybe you can figure it out. Otherwise I'll just post my email

If you don't mind, that would be great. If you are not comfortable with that, maybe do what the poster above suggested...

Can't private message, try just obscuring the name of the travel website a bit :)

(Hello from BC)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not sure how cryptic I need to be lol but try AC Vacations.

By chance did you book the Canada at Par deal with no promotions?

No, I don't think the at par promotion was offered for the sailing i was booking. I did get the promotions though. (well, promotion because we booked interiors so could only get one promotion)

The site i'm talking about priced out to be $2039Cdn per room (interior with 3 people) and the NCL website was $2200USD. It might pay to play around with that site as Getaway, Epic and Escape had a few sailings for around that price. It just so happened that the date that worked best for us was the Escape sailing.

If you book with an online company, can you still get price drops and cabin upgrades? Or are you locked in at whichever price you book with?

You can still get those benefits. You just have to go through the agent vs calling the cruise line directly is my understanding