20% off drink packages?

I just went into my cruise planner and the drink packages are 20% off for our sailing (Harmony 6/26/16). Prior to the 20% off, 2 premium packages were $878.08 in my cart ($62.72 each per day); now the cost for 2 premium packages is $854 ($61 each per day). I don't know how RCCL calculates that it is 20% off, but I'll take it!!! Anyone know the math they use??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just went into my cruise planner and the drink packages are 20% off for our sailing (Harmony 6/26/16). Prior to the 20% off, 2 premium packages were $878.08 in my cart ($62.72 each per day); now the cost for 2 premium packages is $854 ($61 each per day). I don't know how RCCL calculates that it is 20% off, but I'll take it!!! Anyone know the math they use??

I think it's called Dynamic Math.

I think it's called Dynamic Math.

:D:D:D Best one of the day, Bob! :D:D:D

I think there was a glitch this weekend... I initially bought the ultimate with 20% off for ~$389. This weekend someone posted that the price had dropped. So, I cancelled my package, and rebooked for a whopping additional savings of $79... paying only ~$310. That is ~$44.30 per day, gratuities included! Sometimes their IT issues work in our favor.

I think there was a glitch this weekend... I initially bought the ultimate with 20% off for ~$389. This weekend someone posted that the price had dropped. So, I cancelled my package, and rebooked for a whopping additional savings of $79... paying only ~$310. That is ~$44.30 per day, gratuities included! Sometimes their IT issues work in our favor.

Good job, it's rare when the IT issues work in our favor.

Did you have to call them to get this price or were you able to book it online for the $310?

Did you have to call them to get this price or were you able to book it online for the $310?

It was the online price Saturday. They fixed it in the meantime, so it is no longer available. I read on another thread that someone tried to call for the special price, but they were told it was an error and they could not book that price. They were even told that anyone who booked with the error would have their package cancelled... I doubt that would happen, as I have a receipt and my credit card has already been charged. We shall see... For now, I just consider myself lucky. :)

I purchased my package yesterday and it was regular price, today there was a 20% off offer. Still can't book the package for my kids. still getting an error message. I find it quite funny that when I got to the beverage package choices I have a choice of the package at regular price and a choice of same packages at 20% off. Hmmmmmm.....which one should I chose?? Should I be daring and go for the full price package or should I chose the 20 % discount?

Lisa

• 1 year later...

I am booked on serenade of the seas in January 11 day cruise the non alcoholic drink package is 340. I sailed on Anthem of the seas in June for 9 days for 129 dollars why such a big difference. I have not purchase the Jan. package yet hoping to get a discount.

I am booked on serenade of the seas in January 11 day cruise the non alcoholic drink package is 340. I sailed on Anthem of the seas in June for 9 days for 129 dollars why such a big difference. I have not purchase the Jan. package yet hoping to get a discount.

They currently only offer 2 non-alcoholic beverage packages (soda and refreshment). The price you quoted for the refreshment package comes out to roughly $26 per day plus the 18% gratuity. That is pretty standard pricing anymore. Our upcoming sailing has been at $26 for months. Occasionally you might see it a few dollars cheaper if they run a sale, just keep checking your cruise planner.

any word if diamonds get a 20% off deluxe pkg fleetwide on board

The reports I've seen indicate that the 20% discount for Diamond is not on every ship. Neither have I seen a list of ships that offer the 20% discount for Diamond. I'd post on some Roll Calls of cruises on your ship that sail a few weeks prior to your cruise and ask for some feedback.