Richmond Night Market

Is the Richmond Night Market worth checking out while we are in Vancouver? It sounds like the sort of thing DH and I would normally make sure to visit but hoping someone local can give us more information from someone who has actually been there. TIA.

Thoughts.....

• depends on what interests you in a night market. Street food vendors? Retailers? Arcade?
  • Be aware there are TWO Richmond Night Markets. It used to be one operation on Vulcan way. But they splintered.... There's Vulcan Way and one at Duck Island. Duck Island is easier to access via the subway.
  • how many days are you staying? I recommend hitting the marquee attractions first and then see how your time goes.

Thoughts.....

• depends on what interests you in a night market. Street food vendors? Retailers? Arcade?
  • Be aware there are TWO Richmond Night Markets. It used to be one operation on Vulcan way. But they splintered.... There's Vulcan Way and one at Duck Island. Duck Island is easier to access via the subway.
  • how many days are you staying? I recommend hitting the marquee attractions first and then see how your time goes.

Believe it or not, we want to check out the street food vendors. We are looking at going to the one by Bridgeport Station. We will only have one day (May 23) which appears to be a State holiday. Plans to do Chinatown for lunch, again, for the food.

Yup, that's Victoria Day so many businesses will be closed (but almost all food spots, and every hotel, will be operating is usual). The market you're planning to visit does open on Victoria Day, just shuts an hour earlier.

If it's the kind of thing you like to do, the plan is totally workable. I'd suggest that doubling-down on Chinatown for lunch might be overkill - what about hitting some of our food carts instead? This site tracks which are open and where they are, so it's easy to combine with whatever other downtown touring you are doing during the day. Vancouver also has one totally unique streetfood item - Japadog. Little carts abound, but there's also a sit-down cafe on Robson.

Is the Richmond Night Market worth checking out while we are in Vancouver? It sounds like the sort of thing DH and I would normally make sure to visit but hoping someone local can give us more information from someone who has actually been there. TIA.
These vids might be of interest....

[YOUTUBE]FYhLUMqx4l8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]a-Erdo44orQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]55CelhRq8G4[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...

Since I'll be spending some time in Vancouver prior to our cruise I was just looking up the night markets yesterday. Here's what I found.

Shipyards Night Market on Friday nights 5-10, 30+ food trucks.

138 Victory Ship Way

Panda Night Market, voted one of top 4 in world, Saturday & Sunday 7-midnight, April to September, Asian orientation, 12631 Vulcan Way, $4 parking lot or free street parking

Richmond Night Market beside Panda, Fri/Sat/Sun 7-midnight, Skytrain get off at Bridgeport Station, charge to get in with long line ups for tickets.

Check the sites as some are open holiday Mondays which you said was when you would be there. But thought others might also be interested.