On CB Eastern - When should we skip the dining room?

JandD Mom

HI everyone,

We are confirmed for <GASP> traditional dining, second seating,:eek: on the Caribbean Princess in Feb. We do however want to try Sterlings one night. I would like opinions from recent cruisers as to which night of the week would be a good night to do that?

What is the day of the week and what is the menu being served that night? Thanks in advance for your help

JandD Mom,

Personally, I find the Sailaway and Landfall menus to be fairly mundane, and those are the evenings when DH and I are most likely to opt for an alternative dining venue. That said, we like "anytime" dining and have never requested "traditional" on a Princess cruise.

Presumably, you'll want to meet your tablemates and waitstaff on "opening night" and bid them farewell on the last night of the cruise. That leaves the following dinner options: Captain's Welcome Aboard Dinner (first formal night-Sunday), Captain's Gala Farewell Dinner (second formal night-Thursday), Italian Night, Caribbean Night, and Chef's Dinner on the CB Eastern itinerary.

Caribbean Night is probably the weakest of the remaining menus, so you might want to make your Sterling reservations that evening (Tuesday or Wednesday - I'm not certain of the order). This is my opinion, of course, and others might suggest otherwise. Someone else can probably tell you, also, the exact order of the dinner menus.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Hi JandD Mom, we just got off the CB on Saturday..the order of nights was as follows:

Sat - Sailaway Dinner

Sun - Captain's Welcome Dinner

Mon - Caribbean Night

Tues - Italian Night

Wed - Chef's Night

Thurs - Captain's Gala Dinner.....yummy broiled lobster tails :D

Fri - Landfall Dinner..

Personally...Caribbean Night way my least favorite...

Hope this helps... Emmy

JandD Mom,

We just came back from the 10/8-15 cruise and ate on a Thursday night at Sterlings. It was the best meal we had on the whole cruise. It's too bad they don't serve the same quality steak in the dining rooms as they do in this steak house. We ate in the Palm dining room and the steak served there was most definitely a lower grade of meat. The steak in Sterlings just melted in your mouth. I would highly recommend eating there.

WOOFIE

Archived