Two dinners--one for the toddlers, one for us??

No FITZLA not Fritz265 did.You're combining the 2 names.Don't you think that question is a little personal and inappropriate whether you're curious or not?

I'm FRITZ265 and I'm straight, married with two kids. Not sure about FITZLA whom I think you're referring to.

Either way, it was an inappropriate question anyway.

We have cruised 4 times with DD(8) and 3 times with DD(3). On our first cruise with our oldest we figured out the dining thing, and thought.... I wonder why other parent don't do this???

It works GREAT to feed the kids at casual dining then put them in the kids club or babysitting while we ate in the formal dining room. Some nights if they were doing a special dessert or something we thought they would particularly like, we would eat our dinner then slip out and pick them up for dessert. It doesn't work every night, simply because some days they were more tired than others so we would either all go to the casual dining or just order room service. On the nights we were able to do this it was great to have dinner with just the two of us.

On our last ship they didn't have all the choices from room service that then dining room had. So one night I went to the dining room and had our server get everything "to go". Worked like a charm!

Have a great time!

FritzLa, in another thread you stated you are gay, how did you end up with two kids? Not flaming, just curious, because we all know it takes a female and a male to make children.

Oh no!!!!!!:eek:

Is this true????

My mother told me I fell off the turnip truck. Or was it I was found in the cabbage patch?:confused:

But you say it takes a man and a woman?

This is very disturbing.

celtic

I do the same sort of thing for myself, while the wife is getting ready. I go to the Jade buffet and eat a ridiculous amount of sushi :o. Then I go back to the room and accompany her to dinner. I'm never hungry for the actual dining room dinner, of course, but I LOVE sushi!

Would you do us all a favor and post when you return to let us know how this works-out? Dinner is one of the reasons that our kids don't get invited when we cruise. I hadn't thought of having a sitter after they're already in bed.

FritzLa, in another thread you stated you are gay, how did you end up with two kids? Not flaming, just curious, because we all know it takes a female and a male to make children.

LOL I couldn't resist. My Mom and Dad were married for 16 years and had 3 beautiful girls ( I being the most beautiful of course :D in case my other sister reads this). Dad came out of the closet eventually and has been for over 20 years. Indeed a very personal question, but the scenarios of how gay men and women might have children are abundant.

To the OP questions ...Congrats on your cruise, ....I hope you have a blast with and without the kids. I didn't know you have the option of an In Room Sitter. I always assumed the kids had to go to a day care type facility at night. Now taking the kids seem like a better idea. Of course not until they get jobs and pay for their own room though! LOL

7_6_4.gifHave one for me!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb062&pp=ZS

Dfgf:

I will let everyone know how it works out. Hopefully it works out well!! As far as having a babysitter after the kids are already asleep, that actually puts my mind to ease because our kids sleep through pretty much anything at night and this should be extremely easy money for the babysitter--as long as they like to sit around and not have anything to do! But I am wondering whether they will want to sit out on the balcony because it will need to be pretty dark in the room once we put the kids to sleep. They might be able to stay in the room with the lights on if the curtain (we are in a GS) creates darkness around where the kids' cribs (actually pack-n-plays) will be. We'll see.

Kissara:

The in-room babysitter thing is key. If it weren't for that, we probably wouldn't have gone on a cruise because then we'd never have any alone-time away from the kids. (Don't get me wrong, I love my kids tremendously--but a couple-hour per day break is a good thing--especially for my wife, who takes care of them all day long).

Oh no!!!!!!:eek:

Is this true????

My mother told me I fell off the turnip truck. Or was it I was found in the cabbage patch?:confused:

But you say it takes a man and a woman?

This is very disturbing.

celtic

I know how you feel.My mother lied and told me the old stork story.What's next?No tooth fairy?;)

Archived