Hotel in PC question

RMac713

Thinking of staying overnight in Port Canaveral instead of at the MCO Hyatt. What are the hotels that are close to Grill's and Fishlips so we can get some good dinner? We stayed at the Radisson in 2003 and what was Ron Jon's in 2004 (don't know what it is now). We don't need Park and cruise because we are not renting a car. I have looked at the snooze and cruise packages and the hotels are OK, but if I want to stay elsewhere we will just use Happy Limo or something.

Our recent stay at the newest hotel in the area Homewood suites was absolutely one of the nicest hotels in the area,and we have stayed in quite a few. You cant go wrong with this hotel. Its closer to the port than Radisson with less stress and crowds. Most people don't know it's open yet.

Thinking of staying overnight in Port Canaveral instead of at the MCO Hyatt. What are the hotels that are close to Grill's and Fishlips so we can get some good dinner? We stayed at the Radisson in 2003 and what was Ron Jon's in 2004 (don't know what it is now). We don't need Park and cruise because we are not renting a car. I have looked at the snooze and cruise packages and the hotels are OK' date=' but if I want to stay elsewhere we will just use Happy Limo or something.[/quote']

It sounds like you will not have a car, correct? Commercial transport only? Here is information about transportation options from MCO and the Port. Once at the hotel, look at Hoo Ha for fixed rates taxis, etc.

None of the hotels are within easy and safe walking distance of the Port restaurants if you are thinking of returning after dark. During the day you can walk from any of the Canaveral hotels along safe paved paths.

Taxis are the best option for many. This means you can actually stay anywhere between the Port and Cocoa Beach since the taxi costs are not much different and the furthest hotels are only 6 miles or so away!

Here is detailed description of the hotel clusters at Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach and elsewhere. Just pick one based on your interest (bars, restaurants, beach, low costs, etc.)

Canaveral Hotel map:

Cape-Canaveral-Hotels.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

I have looked at gooportcanaveral, but the hotels that I liked on there all had shuttle to the port after 11 AM, some almost at noon. I am not sure how Carnival works, but with Disney we got there around 10 ish and were one of the first groups to board, which meant we got to a relaxing lunch before the swarms of people. I don't even know how I will be assigned a boarding time (I am hoping to get a FTTF pass) but I'm always excited to just get on the ship and start exploring.

I will look at the homewood suites.

I did see the Radisson has a package that includes two trips to the hotel from PC (which would be our arrival day as there are 2 of us). We could do that and just use Carnival transportation back to the airport on debarkation day as one option.

I have looked at gooportcanaveral' date=' but the hotels that I liked on there all had shuttle to the port after 11 AM, some almost at noon. I am not sure how Carnival works, but with Disney we got there around 10 ish and were one of the first groups to board, which meant we got to a relaxing lunch before the swarms of people. I don't even know how I will be assigned a boarding time (I am hoping to get a FTTF pass) but I'm always excited to just get on the ship and start exploring.

I will look at the homewood suites.

I did see the Radisson has a package that includes two trips to the hotel from PC (which would be our arrival day as there are 2 of us). We could do that and just use Carnival transportation back to the airport on debarkation day as one option.[/quote']

If you like to be one of the first on the ship then Homewood Suites will work great for you. Their first shuttle departs at 9:45am!!

Here are pics of the hotel, shuttle bus and times, etc.