Island Princess Questions

winowino

The buffet is open continuously from 5:30am to 11pm. It transitions from breakfast to lunch at about 11am. Breakfast is available in the dining room until, I believe, 9:30am. Room service is available any time but has a limited menu. More like a continental breakfast and the only hot item is a breakfast sandwich similar to a McMuffin.

The buffet is open continuously from 5:30am to 11pm. It transitions from breakfast to lunch at about 11am. Breakfast is available in the dining room until, I believe, 9:30am. Room service is available any time but has a limited menu. More like a continental breakfast and the only hot item is a breakfast sandwich similar to a McMuffin.

I just got off and MDR breakfast on sea days was 7 am to 9 am, Lunch 12-1:30 pm, and dinner was 5:15 to 9:30 pm. Horizon Court was 5:30-11:30 for Breakfast.

The only "real" free ice cream was in the MDRs at Lunch and Dinner.

1) Is there an ice cream restaurant?
No ice cream restaurant like Gelato on the Royal and Regal. On the Island there is an ice cream bar called Swirls in the Lotus Pool area. You can get complementary vanilla, chocolate or swirl ice milk cones with sprinkles. Milk shakes or malts made with ice cream are available for $2.50.

You can get several flavors of freshly made ice cream and sorbet for lunch and dinner in the dining room and there are various sauces, whipped cream and peanuts available for toppings. That is the place to go for good quality complementary ice cream [emoji2]

Island and Coral used to serve leftover hard ice cream at 3 PM near the piano in the buffet. Not sure they do this any more, though. They didn't advertise it, so only people that walked all the way through the buffet knew about it.

Most ships now have milk and warm cookies from a cart on the Lido deck at 4, and I have seen the same thing available on Regal for an evening MUTS show.

Island and Coral used to serve leftover hard ice cream at 3 PM near the piano in the buffet. Not sure they do this any more, though. They didn't advertise it, so only people that walked all the way through the buffet knew about it.

Most ships now have milk and warm cookies from a cart on the Lido deck at 4, and I have seen the same thing available on Regal for an evening MUTS show.

That changed years ago after they switched to free soft serve cones at Swirls. Only ship that I know that has ice cream in the buffet is the Pacific. She has no ice cream bar so there is ice cream in the buffet for lunch, afternoon snack and dinner [emoji511][emoji39][emoji106] Edited by IECalCruiser