Princess Sapphire Cabin Question-Need help!

oceanair

To all Princess Sapphire experts,

I had a reservation for the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Princess Sapphire for a category F obstructed ocean view, mid-ship inside cabin E625

http://www.princess.com/ships/sa/deck/sa_emerald_index.html

and my TA just called me to tell me that he upgraded me to a category

CC deluxe ocean view-C103. http://www.princess.com/ships/sa/deck/sa_caribe_index.html

He said it was a balcony room, but according to the deck plan, I don't think it is? Also, I have heard that the forward ship is the most rockiest and noisiest..True?! Have any of you been in this type of cabin on the Caribe deck?

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

C103 is a forward facing balcony cabin. Some people love them and some people don't. You get to see where you are going. If the ship is pitching you will get a lot of up and down motion same as at the stern. There is anchor noise when the ship anchors but this only happens in Cabo and not early in the morning. I would consider this a good upgrade and enjoy the view.

I believe those are the cabins that have the balcony doors sealed when the ship is moving (too much wind). I've heard they open them in port so you can access the balcony but I am not positive about this. If it were me, I would prefer that cabin, location and all, to the inside. I think there are some people on this board who have had one of those cabins. Maybe one of them will respond.

We were on the Sapphire and got upgraded to B104(suite) last year and I must tell you in all honesty I would never pay for that room. It does get alot of wind and we talked to some people who had B102 where your area is and while at sea the balcony door is locked. Personally I would stay with the E Cabin obstructed.

Marilyn

I noticed that E625 is a connecting room. I think the cabin location is great, even with the obstructed view, but we just got off the Sapphire and friends traveling with us had a cabin with a connecting door... Well, there was this nice family next door and you can hear crying babies through connecting doors. That may not be a problem for you and you may have a nice quiet couple next door... but for those of you considering a cabin with a connecting door.... be wary.

Unless it is your own family, connector doors can lead to a very uncomfortable trip. On my very first cruise we had one and I had to listen to snoring every night and children jumping up and down on the bed very early in the morning. The connector door makes it seem like the people are almost in your cabin with you. I now make sure I never have this type of cabin on a cruise or room in a hotel. If you are a heavy sleeper, it probably won't bother you. Would never have brought this up if another poster hadn't mentioned it. Still had a great time on the cruise.

Thank you for your comments..Yes I just talked to the manager and you are correct, it is one of those cabins that you can only access the balcony at port. When you are sailing, the doors are sealed. I am prone to sea sickness, so I requested they place me somewhere else mid-ship if at all possible.

I noticed that E625 is a connecting room. I think the cabin location is great, even with the obstructed view, but we just got off the Sapphire and friends traveling with us had a cabin with a connecting door... Well, there was this nice family next door and you can hear crying babies through connecting doors. That may not be a problem for you and you may have a nice quiet couple next door... but for those of you considering a cabin with a connecting door.... be wary.

Thank you for your helpful comments..sorry for my ignorance, but how can you tell that it is a connecting room? I am a very light sleeper, so now I am concerned about the noise, if I stay in that cabin. Any great cabin suggestion locations would be appreciated from anyone!

Archived