Any tips for getting off the ship early on debarkation day?

DoingGlory

Our carnival rep told us that if we can manage our luggage on our own, we can get off the ship early and avoid the whole debarkation procedure (with the luggage tag colors, etc). Have you done this and if so, how did it go?

We are sailing on Glory in less than 20 days WWOOOOHOHOHOHOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!11:D :D :D :D

TIA!

Rose

We have done this and it is quick. The people who can handle all of their luggage without help can leave first, as soon as immigration clears the ship. You do not put any luggage out the night before. Remember that it is a long walk off the ship to the street. We have luggage that you can piggy-back so that three bags roll as one. We had no problems but some people who had too much to easily handle really slowed down the process. Pack light. You won't wear half of what you take. Dean

If you can handle your bags then you MUST do this. Unless you want to sit around and wait for hours and hours. That is what happened to us the first of this month. We sat around until 12:30 :eek: waiting to get off. Never again. I'll always take my luggage myself from now on. I agree with carnivaljunkie, pack light, you really won't wear 1/2 of what you take.

you want to sit around and wait for hours and hours. That is what happened to us the first of this month. We sat around until 12:30 :eek: waiting to get off. quote]

My goodness! I've never heard of any ship that didn't have all passengers off the ship around 9:30-10 at the latest. Must have been some problem with customs delaying embarkation.

I believe you need to tell the purser that you want "early debarkation", and you'll receive different colored luggage tags. And, yes, you don't put your luggage out in the hall the night before, as is normal. They DO stress that you must be able to carry ALL your luggage off by yourself...they won't offer assistance.

you want to sit around and wait for hours and hours. That is what happened to us the first of this month. We sat around until 12:30 :eek: waiting to get off. quote]

My goodness! I've never heard of any ship that didn't have all passengers off the ship around 9:30-10 at the latest. Must have been some problem with customs delaying embarkation.

I believe you need to tell the purser that you want "early debarkation", and you'll receive different colored luggage tags. And, yes, you don't put your luggage out in the hall the night before, as is normal. They DO stress that you must be able to carry ALL your luggage off by yourself...they won't offer assistance.

If MSBlues was on the Conquest 10/2-9 yes it was 12:30 before they let anyone off. Customs would not clear the boat and then once they did they were allowing only 50 ppl off at a time. We were of the lucky ones and our tag color was in the first group. We over heard several people that had flights that they were sure they would miss them. Todd apologized over and over on the intercom and explained that it is out of the ships control. But once it started it was pretty smooth and quick.

Our carnival rep told us that if we can manage our luggage on our own, we can get off the ship early and avoid the whole debarkation procedure (with the luggage tag colors, etc). Have you done this and if so, how did it go?

We are sailing on Glory in less than 20 days WWOOOOHOHOHOHOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!11:D :D :D :D

TIA!

Rose

We sailed the Glory in August and did self-assist debarking. We were off the ship by 9:00 (if I remember correctly). It was a little hard to get into an elevator (they were so full), that a couple of us rode the elevator and the guys used the stairs.

The Glory was wonderful. Have a great cruise!

Does it do any good to do self assist if you are using Carnival Transportation to the airport. Dont they wait for a full bus and youd need to get to the proper place on your own etc

When we left Glory last week, we did early debark and got on Mears bus at 8:30 going to Orlando Inter. Airport, riding with people that had Carnival vouchers and we were at airport by 9:30. There are people outside the Port building that can and will assist with getting you to the right bus. They actually confront you as you come out the building. There are so many people to help you get to where you need to be through the whole cruise process. Have fun!!

Archived