SCENIC SAPPHIRE- Paris to Nice 2016

Cordovabay

Howdy Cordovabay,

If you should hear from anyone I as we would be interested as we are booked for The Spectacular South of France with Paris and we ourselves are adding Nice and Monte Carlo for September 15, 2017. We along with some Canadian friends that we met last year on the Jewels of Europe cruise are booked into both of the Royal Panorama Suites for this sailing. Can't wait as Scenic does such a wonderful job. When do you leave?

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Your ship might change. We were on the trip and the cruise before our cruise had to change boats in Lyon. Our ship did make it through. Lots of wine tastings with good wines. I loved having an option on tours. On one trip, I went to the cooking school, and my husband went another direction. One morning we asked if we could change tours and CD said sure.

The history is amazing in the south of France. We were well taken care of and loved having the patio with the glass that goes up and down. It was nice not have to figure out what to tip the driver and local guides. That is all taken care of for us.

Hi Cordovabay, we were driven back to Avignon and returned to the UK by Eurostar but my husband has been to both Monti & Cannes and says it's well worth going especially Cannes. I must admit both times were business and by all accounts he had a high old time ah that's what expenses can deliver. Both places are around 50 minutes from Nice so certainly do-able. Have a great time. CA 🇬🇧

Hi Canal archive,

Thx for the input on Monti and Cannes.

This is our second cruise with SCENIC. In 2014 we were on the Scenic Jade from Amsterdam to Budapest. The ship was only a few months old. Consequently it was pristine and the whole voyage was faultless. It is not clear whether we will be on the

Scenic Sapphire or the Scenic Emerald. In either case they have been refurbished in recent years. What was your experience? In dry summers... do the Saone and Rhone rivers typically experience low waters issues to the same extent as some areas of Germany? Our cruise departs Paris on the 28 Aug. Dry season.

Thanks for your input CA.

Hi Merlot101,

Thanks for your reply. When did you take your cruise? April/May? this year?

Which ship..Scenic Emerald or Sapphire? I understand hat both of these ships have

been refurbished in recent years. What was your experience? Did you extend your trip to either Cannes or MonteCarlo? Thx.

CBay

Hello LoneStarCruisinCouple,

We leave Paris on the 28 August/2016 in one of the Royal Suites of the Scenic Sapphire. I will make a note to provide feedback after our return.

By the way, when we were on a previous cruise on the Scenic Jade in 2014, I had a chance to view one of the Panorama suites occupied by a couple from Phoenix. You will enjoy!

-CBay

Hello LoneStarCruisinCouple,

We leave Paris on the 28 August/2016 in one of the Royal Suites of the Scenic Sapphire. I will make a note to provide feedback after our return.

By the way, when we were on a previous cruise on the Scenic Jade in 2014, I had a chance to view one of the Panorama suites occupied by a couple from Phoenix. You will enjoy!

-CBay

Howdy and Good Morning Cordovabay,

Sounds as if you are doing the Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and then adding Cannes and Monte Carlo? We are doing this cruise next year September 15,2017 as we decided to do some house hunting this year over on Maui and The Big island and have just recently returned. Have been told that we shall be on The Sapphire and yes shall be in one of The Royal Panorama Suites once again as last year on The Jasper doing the Jewels of Europe Amsterdam to Budapest and was it ever so nice.

Yes if you would please do stay in touch as at present we are planning on flying out of Houston September 11 arriving into Paris on the 12 and having a couple of days to do some sight seeing. I think but not 100% sure that we shall be at The Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel.

Like you Canal Archives has been a Big help in giving us some helpful information as things to do and see. Oh for sure the normal touristy things as like the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre,Notre Dame, but doing things like having dinner at Jules Verne Restaurant, Having dinner on a cruise on The scenic Seine,having dinner and a Floor Show at maybe Moulin Rouge just to name a few and the later was my wife's idea.

Yes if the Royal Panorama Suites on the Sapphire are anything like what we had on The Jasper with 475 Sq.Ft. of pure luxury and oh what a magnificent view we shall be once again Happy Cruisers.

Please if you can and will send me any info and or plans that you may have included on your up and coming Cruising Adventure.

Wishing You Smooth Sailings

Mahalo

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Hi All, Sapphire is immaculate, beautifully kept. The only difference between her and Jade is no vitality pool. The Saone & Rhone does sometimes suffer from high water earlier in the year. Last year we were on Sapphire instead of Emerald because of this problem a few weeks before we went, so it's useful that Scenic have two boats for us to play with. We did miss out on our evening cruise towards the Med because we had the most amazing thunderstorm which was no surprise as the temperature had been sky high. CA 🇬🇧