H3 guarantee with 4 guests

andnosyd

I booked an H4 (2 bedroom suite) for the 4 of us on the Jewel and just noticed they have an H3 guarantee available for 4 people. Since the Owners Suite only allows a max of 2 people, what will happen if I book this guarantee for the 4 of us?

I booked an H4 (2 bedroom suite) for the 4 of us on the Jewel and just noticed they have an H3 guarantee available for 4 people. Since the Owners Suite only allows a max of 2 people, what will happen if I book this guarantee for the 4 of us?

They probably won't let you make that reservation if there are more passengers than allowed.

Have you tried to do it?

They probably won't let you make that reservation if there are more passengers than allowed.

Have you tried to do it?

The system allowed me to do it online, so I booked it. Not sure if they'll kick it back and say it was a glitch or not or what will happen. But typically it shows 'sold out' when you have more guests than allowed in the room.

The system allowed me to do it online, so I booked it. Not sure if they'll kick it back and say it was a glitch or not or what will happen. But typically it shows 'sold out' when you have more guests than allowed in the room.

Save a copy of that confirmation!

connecting room options.....so do not be surprised if you end up with a connecting room attached.....and if it does not hold 4, and you booked a GTY, you could end up with one of the 3 bedrooms if they are available.

I had the same thought... IS there an H3 with an attached cabin still available?

That OS is very, very nice, with the 2 balconies.

(But it's a bit of a walk to the Haven.)

And if this happens, make absolutely sure that ALL 4 of you get full Haven privileges. It's on NCL at that point, not you requesting something special.

Also SAVE your original Haven-for-4 confirmation :)

That would give NCL a choice if someone else snags the GV. :(

NCL already assigned us a room too...9504. There is a connecting cabin, but it's not listed with our confirmation. Not sure what will happen now...

Try booking that cabin next to 9504.

Take the reservation all the way through until it asks you to confirm it or enter your personal info.

Does it allow you to do that, or does it seem that cabin is not available?

It might show as "not available" right away, in which case there's a partial answer as to what NCL might/might not do...

Very interesting.

I'm pretty sure the H3 on the Jewel do hold 4. That being said, even on the NCL website, the description says 2 but the map shows the "+" which says 4.

The whole suite guarantee thing is the first I've heard about anyone actually being able to book one but who knows.

9504 sleeps 4, two in the bedroom and two on the sofa in the living room. It's one and a half bath, so shared bathroom. I've never found NCL will to sell a suite either regular or Haven as a guarantee. Are you sure this went through? Usually when a suite shows up as a guarantee, it means they are sold out. I would call and confirm.

9504 sleeps 4, two in the bedroom and two on the sofa in the living room. It's one and a half bath, so shared bathroom. I've never found NCL will to sell a suite either regular or Haven as a guarantee. Are you sure this went through? Usually when a suite shows up as a guarantee, it means they are sold out. I would call and confirm.

It did go through as a guarantee and NCL assigned a cabin right away. Kind of an odd transaction. I thought it was an error and we'd just get bumped to the villa, but it's a nice cabin for a Panama Canal cruise.

Here is another story today about suite guarantee:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355562

OP - the room is nice as it has the front and side balconies. Maybe you mentioned it but how old/big are people 3-4? The bed for those two is a pull out couch and it is probably only good for some medium sized kids at the largest.

Don't forget to close the shade for the window that faces the side balcony when in the master bath.

Here is another story today about suite guarantee:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355562

OP - the room is nice as it has the front and side balconies. Maybe you mentioned it but how old/big are people 3-4? The bed for those two is a pull out couch and it is probably only good for some medium sized kids at the largest.

Don't forget to close the shade for the window that faces the side balcony when in the master bath.

Fortunately the 3rd and 4th passengers our are kids (4 and 2). Wonder if they'll bump us up to the villa to open up the OS...but thats just wishful thinking...