Melbourne turn around say

Seeking information on turn around day in Melbourne.

We are on an Auckland return cruise which is part of 2 Melbourne return cruises, so our day in Melbourne will see the majority of passengers disembarking and new passengers embarking. We arrive at 7am and depart at 4pm, so quite a short time in port.

Questions:

- what time will we be able to go ashore?

- Will we need to disembark and embark via Customs etc???

Wanting to meet up with people we met on our last cruise. Trying to find out how much time we will have ashore. Know we have to be back onboard by 3pm.

Complicating factor is I use a power wheelchair, so that does restrict where we can go unless I can find somewhere to leave the chair and use our friends manual chair which will fold up and go in their car boot.

I posted on three forums outside of CC (you know where I mean) and got different answers! :rolleyes: Typical.

Seeking information on turn around day in Melbourne.

We are on an Auckland return cruise which is part of 2 Melbourne return cruises, so our day in Melbourne will see the majority of passengers disembarking and new passengers embarking. We arrive at 7am and depart at 4pm, so quite a short time in port.

Questions:

- what time will we be able to go ashore?

- Will we need to disembark and embark via Customs etc???

Wanting to meet up with people we met on our last cruise. Trying to find out how much time we will have ashore. Know we have to be back onboard by 3pm.

Complicating factor is I use a power wheelchair, so that does restrict where we can go unless I can find somewhere to leave the chair and use our friends manual chair which will fold up and go in their car boot.

I posted on three forums outside of CC (you know where I mean) and got different answers! :rolleyes: Typical.

Not sure about needing to go through customs, but even if you do you will be on your way by about 8:00.

Are your friends meeting you at the Dock, if so there are a couple of nice restaurants that you can easily get to in your chair. And I can't say I've seen anywhere to leave your chair, however there are some real nice volunteers meet most ships who may have access to somewhere.

I assume the friends live in Melbourne, ask them but I know I could get my chair on the trams at most stops in Melbourne if you want to go further afield.